Dressing and lifestyle

Are there any dressing restrictions for expats which are mandatory to follow especially for females and kids? Are people around friendly and accepting towards outsiders? How is the quality of education in Indian schools in Abu Dhabi?

There are no dressing restrictions per se.  Just use common sense i.e. if you go into mosques or souks, keep your legs and arms covered.  Don't use beach wear outside of the hotels or pool areas.

Most of the people that you will run into are expats.   Locals, you will mostly interact with in Government ministries and offices.  They are used to expats but language barriers come up at times.  With 80% of UAE population being expats, the novelty of outsiders has worn off - that can be good or bad depending on the situation :).

Thank u for replying. Being a Muslim I understand the importance of covering my head while in holy places.  My concern is whether it is mandatory for Indian expats to cover their head too like the locals there all the time.

No it is not mandatory. It's a good place for quality education as well.

Thank u.

Dubai is a cosmopolitan city and dress code in Dubai is quite liberal in comparison to several other states in the Middle East. There are whole website devoted to the legal guidelines about what is acceptable to wear especially in public places. 

// Cheers