Having children in Philippines

I am a American living here in cavite.  Married to my lovely pinoy wife and we are pregnant.  All is well. Just curious if others here. Have had children while living here. Any issues with birth certificate or adding them at embassy as a American citizen.

There are other threads which should answer your questions.

I am an English man currently living in England but my Filipino girlfriend who lived in Cagayan de Oro is pregnant with our child so please let me know how you go on. She is due to give birth in February.

Cherryann01 :

I am an English man currently living in England but my Filipino girlfriend who lived in Cagayan de Oro is pregnant with our child so please let me know how you go on. She is due to give birth in February.

Each country is different Cherryann, check with your embassy for procedure.

For American I understand it is not difficult.  From what I have heard you will need the signed birth certificate showing you as the father and a specific form must be filled out and filed with the embassy.  Depending  on the age at registering I think you can also apply for a passport for the child at the same time.  I think the child must be present at the application.

Dwsses12 :

I am a American living here in cavite.  Married to my lovely pinoy wife and we are pregnant.  All is well. Just curious if others here. Have had children while living here. Any issues with birth certificate or adding them at embassy as a American citizen.

I´m sure the birth certificate is in English. You should register your child at the American embassy in Manila or any American consulate as a US citizen through Jus sanguinis. You should be able to obtain a
US passport for your child when needed.

robal

Cherryann01 :

Your child is a British citizen and entitled to a British passport.