Tenancy agreement for Dependent Visa, mandatory?

Hi,
I recently got my employment pass approved in Penang, Malaysia. I got to know from my office that they require a tenancy agreement in order to apply dependent Visa for my family members.
I do not see this requirement in any web portal.
Can anyone help me out in getting some more information pls?

What is the problem in providing your tenancy agreement? Are you yourself already living and working in Malaysia and wanting to bring over your family to join you?

The problem is, to fix the tenancy agreement I need to find a right school for my kid and to get a confirmed admission, there needs a personal interview with my kid.
So, currently I need to fix a house near to any of the school with an assumption that I get Admission in that school.
Hence, the problem. So, am curious to know is it really mandatory to provide a tenancy agreement to apply for a dependent Visa?

I cannot answer that question as I do not have such experience. But have you considered the possibility that any schools might do video call interviews? Not sure if that is a possibility. If not, then maybe it is necessary to bring your child to Penang to attend pre-arranged interviews. As I said, I am not familiar with this situation.