ATM english compatibility in Đông Hà

Hello,

Would ATMs in Đông Hà provide an option for English language ?

Also, is there a bank or other establishment that would do a currency exchange involving Thai baht ??

WhereAreTheSweetPotatoes wrote:

Hello,

Also, is there a bank or other establishment that would do a currency exchange involving Thai baht ??

A quick Google Maps search of the Đông Hà area shows about 20 ATMS.

So far, between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, all ATMs I've used have offered an English language option.

There are also multiple banks listed in the area.

If for some reason they cannot accept your Thai Bhat, surely there will be a gold shop which can exchange currency for you.

Ask at your hotel.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Hello,

A quick Google Maps search of the Đông Hà area shows about 20 ATMS.

So far, between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, all ATMs I've used have offered an English language option.

There are also multiple banks listed in the area.

If for some reason they cannot accept your Thai Bhat, surely there will be a gold shop which can exchange currency for you.

Ask at your hotel.

yeah, i figured Dong Ha would have some ATM machines... but, while wandering off the tourist track in Saigon, I encountered an ATM that seemed to lack an English-language option... This has me somewhat concerned that ATMs in Dong Ha ( as a place with few tourists ) might not offer English.

yeah, i figured Dong Ha would have some ATM machines... but, while wandering off the tourist track in Saigon, I encountered an ATM that seemed to lack an English-language option... This has me somewhat concerned that ATMs in Dong Ha ( as a place with few tourists ) might not offer English.

As far as I understand Dong Ha is the capital of Quang Tri province, the gateway to the DMZ, and where you head west to go to the Lao Bao border crossing, so it's not exactly a backwater town.

Anyway, you should be fine.

johnross23 wrote:

As far as I understand Dong Ha is the capital of Quang Tri province, the gateway to the DMZ, and where you head west to go to the Lao Bao border crossing, so it's not exactly a backwater town.

Anyway, you should be fine.

indeed, it's a legit city... just not many westerners

good to hear i should be fine

The only problem I've ever encountered with ATMs here has been an old machine that is not compatible with my security chip ATM card