Moving to Cairo in the near future

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all keeping well 😃
3 years ago I discovered I had family in Egypt from my grandfathers side and 3 years on and 30 plus new relations later I am looking to relocate from the U.K to Cairo. I have been travelling to Cairo 4 times a year and have decided to make it a permanent move.
I have been learning Arabic for a year but would still class myself as a beginner. I am 40 years old and would appreciate any advice on employment opportunities / employment agencies that could assist me finding work would be welcomed. I have been in sales for 20 years in various industries including interiors, automotive and construction.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Howard 🇪🇬😃

Hi Howard,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

First of all thank you for your introduction and for giving us so many details on your expatriation project. :)

I would first of all advise you to go through the Egypt Expat Guide and to read the following article : Work in Cairo.
It might give you some tips on where to start to find work there.

I also invite you to contact a recruitment agency in Cairo, below is a link to the business directory where you will find a small list of recruitment agencies in this area :

https://www.expat.com/en/business/afric … -agencies/

Also note that you can post an ad in the jobs in Cairo section for free. It might give your job search a little boost.  :happy:

What positive factors about Cairo made you decide to move there permanently?

Have a nice day and wish you all the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello Priscilla,

Thank you so much for your message 😃

Thank you for sending the link, I will have a look and register my details with the recruitment agencies.

I love everything about Cairo, the climate is very good, the city is so vibrant and is very welcoming. Having met my Egyptian family for the first time just over two years ago, I feel so at home in Cairo and have many friends now. I would go as far as saying I feel more at home in Cairo than I do in England 😊

I am hoping to be living in Cairo within 3 months God willing 🙏🏼😃

Thanks again
Howard

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@maemenei

English please as this is an Anglophone forum.