Organic products in Tunisia

Hello everyone,

As a consumer in Tunisia, you may seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle by choosing mostly organic products. If you do favour such products, we would like to know more about your consumption habits.

Is it easy to find organic products in Tunisia (cosmetics, food, etc.)? Where can we find them?

Are organic products more or less expensive than in your country of origin? What average monthly budget do you spend on them?

Can we rely on labels on organic products in Tunisia? Are the origins of the products verified by an organization?

Are organic products part of Tunisian culture? Have you ever tried to make your own organic products (candles, toothpaste, gardening, food)?

In your opinion, is the consumption of organic products only a fad or does it have real benefits on one's health?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

There is a very small choice of organic products in Tunisia, as they are mainly destined for export.

You will find some organic choice in the supermarkets and special shops of some richer areas in Tunis (such as la Marsa). Other supermarkets offer some organic food but they are imported, which is an absolute shame for the country!

Apart from the shops, you will find organic products on organic or crafts/traditional fairs which take place regularly at least in some Tunisian areas (mainly northern suburbs and the centre).

One brand, of which I am sure they are serious, is Napolis, however they mainly sell cereal products and no fruits and vegetables. I don't know any other Tunisian products I would totally trust.

To cut it short - there is still a huge potential for organic products in Tunisia!