Organic products in Russia

Hello everyone,

As a consumer in Russia, you may seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle by choosing mostly organic products. If you do favour such products, we would like to know more about your consumption habits.

Is it easy to find organic products in Russia (cosmetics, food, etc.)? Where can we find them?

Are organic products more or less expensive than in your country of origin? What average monthly budget do you spend on them?

Can we rely on labels on organic products in Russia? Are the origins of the products verified by an organization?

Are organic products part of Russian culture? Have you ever tried to make your own organic products (candles, toothpaste, gardening, food)?

In your opinion, is the consumption of organic products only a fad or does it have real benefits on one's health?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

blue berry

all cities are different, you have to metion specific city

Yes,
There are places that you can get organic food.
I must said this there is an not-written system on the food that the Russians citizen have, may be not a gran variety of cheeses, or meat and few other items but they have good and very natural way of cooking without food preservatives, you can find good bread almost every where, and many dairy products.
You will see stores that sales organic food of many kinds, on the very high end more than the USA.
I do not know if there is a big market for these item since they are on the high cost.
We need a lot of varieties specially on the cheeses but the country is evolving it will take sometime.
But the Russian people are great people and all is possible.

i advice you to buy for simple farmar whom stand on street to sale product mostly all organic, in Russia a lot of them near metros