Organic products in Belgium

Hello everyone,

As a consumer in Belgium, you may seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle by choosing mostly organic products. If you do favour such products, we would like to know more about your consumption habits.

Is it easy to find organic products in Belgium (cosmetics, food, etc.)? Where can we find them?

Are organic products more or less expensive than in your country of origin? What average monthly budget do you spend on them?

Can we rely on labels on organic products in Belgium? Are the origins of the products verified by an organization?

Are organic products part of Belgian culture? Have you ever tried to make your own organic products (candles, toothpaste, gardening, food)?

In your opinion, is the consumption of organic products only a fad or does it have real benefits on one's health?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hello Bhavna,

Looks like it's still up to me to open the ball ... :cool:

Is it easy to find organic products in Belgium (cosmetics, food, etc.)? Where can we find them?
- It's extremely easy to find in big cities as well as in the country.
- There are supermarkets, specialized stores or directly from many producers who sell directly.

Are organic products more or less expensive than in your country of origin? What average monthly budget do you spend on them?
- Depending on the products, the additional cost can range from 10 to 30%. But it's relative when you want to eat healthy ...
- About 250 € for what I buy. But beside, with a large vegetable garden and living in the countryside, I exchange many things (vegetables, fruits, dairy products, eggs, ...) with my neighbors.

Can we rely on labels on organic products in Belgium? Are the origins of the products verified by an organization?
- Trust the labels, yes and no, because there are a lot of valid +/- labels. Indeed, there are officials managed by the states and independent bodies. Then there are the marketing labels created from all sides by the stores that are "fuzzy" ...
- Yes when you see the logos of organizations such as BIOGARANTIE, QUALITY-PARTNER, ...

Are organic products part of Belgian culture? Have you ever tried to make your own organic products (candles, toothpaste, gardening, food)?
- Organic products are gaining more and more place following all the health scandals noted in recent years.
- My personal bio production, Yes for food, No for cosmetics because it is not easy to guarantee really stable hygiene rules during manufacture.

In your opinion, is the consumption of organic products only a fad or does it have real benefits on one's health?
- For some people, it's actually a fashion phenomenon. But for those who want to ensure a healthy life for their children, it's vital.
- A banal example, eat a tomato very red / calibrated / cheap sold in supermarkets, you will find no taste except adding a condiment. Then take a quirky tomato from your garden without fertilizer / chemical pesticide, you will enjoy it because you will have a real taste.

hi,

i have received your mail so i am interesting  working with you please replay me

jeodinesh wrote:

hi,

i have received your mail so i am interesting  working with you please replay me

Hi,

Who are you ?

What do you mean ?