Information regarding IT Jobs in China

Hello,

I would to go in China, live here a few years, maybe.. Depends of the opportunity...

Does someone here is working in IT ?  It looks to be pretty difficult to find a job in this area.

I have many years of experience, so I am not looking for a junior job.

I am curious to understand if I should try to find a Canadian company who have office(s) in China or I should try to find a job 'directly' but how and where find advertising.

I speak a little Mandarin, English and French.

Thank you for your comments,
Olivier

Hello,

There are many IT jobs in China. I lived in Hangzhou and I worked part-time for Cisco Systems (China) whose main office, as you may know, is in San Fransico,  California. I worked there for 2 years until I moved to another city and province in China. I am no sure of any Canadian companies, but I am sure that there are some. You'll have to do your research on that.

Another city where I worked and I had friends working for IT companies is in Changsha, Hunan Province. It was a very busy place especially downtown where I taught school. You will find tons of companies there and around the city.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your advise, it is really appreciate.

Honestly there is no so many Canadian companies in China.

But thank you
Olivier

Hi, we have many positions in IT field in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou

OlivierBrunet wrote:

Thank you for your advise, it is really appreciate.

Honestly there is no so many Canadian companies in China.

But thank you
Olivier

Hi, we have many opportunities in IT field in Beijing, Shanghai.

Hello,
I am looking for an IT analyst  (business or data analyst). I could be also functional analyst.
Where can I see the opened positions ?

Thank you
Olivier Brunet

Best to be sent from an International Company as you can get extra benefits.  Again most company's woud not be looking for a low level experienced foreigner to do any IT work in China

Yes, wnash7658,

You are right, I totally agree, it is the best way to have a job. My Chinese is far to be good enough to work in Mandarin.
It is extremely difficult to find a job in this companies.  I am pretty experienced, almost 30 years of experience.
if you have some ideas of companies. Please, let me know.
The process for recruitment is pretty opaque.

Get on QQ, WeChat and focus on those companies and cities you are interested in.  A long time ago I did this and answered some really basic IT questions and then I am having discussions for consulting work, though a long time ago now.