Can You Apply For Family of Settled Person Visa Before The Wedding?

Pretty straightforward question. I'm in America. He's in England. Getting married in the states and moving to the UK and trying to sort out the timing of when to apply for that family visa to minimize our time apart.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

I think that's the right link

If ur on Facebook u can request to join this group 👇
facebook.com/groups/139807999382936/?ref=share

Any and every question u have will be answered there and there's document lists, letter templates, support etc, it will make ur application process a whole lot easier and less stressful. It's a massive and very active group tho so probably best to use the search facility at the top first as any possible question u have will 99.9% have been asked already.

Hope this helps if u've not already applied hun

Hi again.

FB groups such as the one you've plugged are a massive help to people who are struggling in their ex-pat journey and where people like me really can't help them because I've never had the problems they had, I can only relate to either the rules or what people tell us on here.

Thanks for the tip and please hang around here as well, you obviously don't have anything else to do ............... joke.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks all! I did discover that you can apply for the Family visa as long as you plan on marrying within 6 months of approval and aren't living in the UK (that would be a fiance visa and I wouldn't be able to work until our marriage/family visa was approved).

So while we're living apart and sorting out plans to get me there, we can apply first and THEN get married.