Cost of utilities in Malta

Hi there,

We're thinking to rent a place in Malta in November, perhaps airbnb.

I was wondering what will be the average utilities cost we could be charged, to the nearest 50-100 euros?

We're 2 x digital nomads so work from home, will probs use heating most of the day and maybe lights and laptop so i guess we'd fall into the heavy usage category.

Just wondering if it could be 100, 200, 300 or more euros per month so i can work out if affordable...

Thanks,

Sam.

If you are at home all the time and use it a lot - also a work from home person myself - it can be 2 to 300 a month.  Depends a lot on the layout of the house, I live in a historic house and its terrible for heat retention

thanks that's a great help good to get a like for like indication - those old houses are beautiful though hey

so yes short rents malta quoting 35 euro cents per kwh, sounds higher but just wondering if its double or treble standard tariff..

If you get your landlord to put the correct tariff (unlikely on a 6 month rent) you'll pay between 0.10 and 0.60 per unit (kwh) depending on use

If you are on the more likely wrong tariff you'll pay between 0.13 to 0.68 per unit depending on use.

So I wouldnt pay that much for every unit - its a scale, demand bills, keep your own meter readings and verify with the ARMS calculator that they are charing you in the right ballpark.

Ah only for 1 month? You'll pay a lot then sorry I thought you'd be staying longer. AirBNBs charge whatever they want :)