Health Insurance for Pinay Wife in US

Hi,

I am living on Leyte with GF, and am looking to get married. I am retired and am on Medicare. If I come back to the US to live part time, how do I go about getting health insurance for her?

Would it be travel insurance?  If regular health insurance, how much would premiums run? If we have a kid, how much more?

moonunit0103 wrote:

Hi,

I am living on Leyte with GF, and am looking to get married. I am retired and am on Medicare. If I come back to the US to live part time, how do I go about getting health insurance for her?

Would it be travel insurance?  If regular health insurance, how much would premiums run? If we have a kid, how much more?

Assuming you are referring to all three of you living in the states.  If that's the case, simply go online and contact a few insurance companies for quotes for your wife and the child.

While in the RP she is covered by PhilHealth if you are paying the premiums and she and the child also qualify for the Z-care coverage for major medical problems. Foreigners do no qualify for Z-care in the RP.

Regards.