Drammen or Oslo, that is the question?

Hey guys,

within a month I move to Norway. The point is that my work will be primarily in a company situated in a small town called Tranby located about 35 kilometers from Oslo. One possibility that does not rule out is to live in Drammen, which is only 10 km from work.
Any advice or recommendation about best place to live (in my case) is appreciated!, I think it would be a bit far away to live in downtown Oslo.

Thank you very much!

Hi and welcome to the forum navias00!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon!

Regards
Armand

common guys...I just need to know if it is worthly to live in Drammen, or why should or shouldnŽt choose Drammen instead of Olso, or Asker..

Drammen is a bit out there on the train and apparently has a stigma of not being cool according to my Oslo-dwelling colleagues.

I've only been to the train station there to visit a friend who lives a few stops down the train line (so I can't comment on what the town iteslf offers), and it's a very nice setting though. My friend enjoys her life there but she's living up on the side of the valley with a view over Drammen, and is very much a settled family person.

it really depends on what you want- lively city life and a lot of time in the train/bus/car or a shorter commute, quieter life and quicker access to the forests?

Thank you so much, that is what I was thinking about Drammen..quiet place , interesting..
Thanks!

Traffic into Oslo is hell in the morning. Expect to wait a long time if you're on the bus or in a car.

The trains are all replaced with buses during the summer too. It's the same on the way out in the evening.

Definetly..I think Sandvika or Asker are good choices, what do you think??

Drammen is a nice town. The traffic from Tranby to Oslo is horrible. Asker is not an option. Nightlife in the weekend is quite good in DRammen.

hmm, that is good...I am now finding nice houses in finn.no in Drammen...I guess if I want more action I could go to Oslo..but I think definetly Drammen is a quiet and nice town to live. And YES it is about subsea business ;)

navias00 wrote:

hmm, that is good...I am now finding nice houses in finn.no in Drammen...I guess if I want more action I could go to Oslo..but I think definetly Drammen is a quiet and nice town to live. And YES it is about subsea business ;)

I know Drammen very well. Please feel free to contact me if you want help regarding the apartment.

Sendia wrote:

@ zeast, why is not Asker an option? Is something wrong with the place?

@ Navias00, Looking forward to meet you at the company.

me too! thank you for the advices!

Hey guys,

Good info, I'm sure I'll be needing it soon.

Cheers... :D

I don't see anything wrong with Drammen, it is a cosy town.