New Tourist Visa Regulations

I've just been to immigration in Cagayan De Oro to renew my visa for 6 months which I have done many times before and I was told I could only renew for 2 months unless I go to the main immigration office in Manila. I was told this was a new rule that could be implemented on a regional basis and that the Cagayan De Oro office had decided to implement this new rule. This was the only explanation I could get from them about this, has anyone else come across this new rule in other areas?

I have encountered it in Iloilo though there are some exemptions.  You may get a 6 month tourist extension if you are married to a filipina or have Filipino children, be sure to bring them I would expect! 

I was told the 6 month exptension is a privilege and given out on a case by case basis.

I have also heard that you can only get two 6 month extensions in a 3 year period.

"I was told the 6 month exptension is a privilege and given out on a case by case basis."
There was actually a sign there stating that the maximum visa extension is now 2 months so here in Cagayan De Oro it seems that it applies to everyone,

Good morning everyone in lapu lapu I manage to get 6 months visa extension on November 1 st so I think not everywhere they implement new rules

if you are in country the only problem is getting out of country.. but dont unless you wish to stay out for awhile.. most difficult to get back in..