Renewal residence permit for student and internship

Dear all,

I wish if someone could help me with that.
My situation is very complicated since I applied to renew my card, which is already in process for 3 weeks and I still do not have an answer even for Annex. Meanwhile, I got accepted for the internship, which is outside of my study program. My residence permit and working permit end on 31 October and I have to start my internship on 28 October. I know that new residence permits include the working permit so I don't have to make it.

But, my 1st question is, if I still do not get an answer about my card by 31 October (It is Scharbeek so it might be like that)  can I work with Annex? And since it is not my fault as I applied a month prior to renewing my card.
Also, my 2d question is if the delay can be because of the garant Annex 32. My garant does not earn 1900 to cover the expenses but I have added my own salary slips which allows me to live by myself and together it should be enough to cover the study year. I already contacted the commune and they say there is no answer. Maybe someone knows who I can contact or do about this situation?
Thank you in advance. Have a good day!

Hello,

In the first place, none of us have any trick to speed up the administrative process.

Second, why are you late to renew your residence permit? At this level you have been negligent. Everywhere on our website as well as on the official sites, it is informed that the delays can be important.

Third, if you have already had everything in order before and it is for a job, you should have your renewal without problems.

The only thing to try is to go to the Aliens Office to argue your case.

And for your work, start it. You will see ... And if there is an inspection of the employment services, all you have to do is show that you are waiting for your new card.

Thank you for your answer. But I did not cause the delay, I applied within the requested time frame. Probably I will do as you recommended.