Translating birth certificate from English - Portuguese

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced translation service?

I've had my birth certificate apostilled in the UK but now need to get my birth certificate translated from English to Portuguese for the PF.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ikexplorer

I've had very good luck with Fidelity Translations.  They work with documents over the Internet nationwide, have a fast turnaround, will go back at do corrections at no extra charge, and are probably cheaper than your local Sworn Translators.   They use an electronic signature that's legally valid, but that may need to be pointed out to some agencies.
Don't forget to include the apostille in your translation order.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I will check them out.

Kind regards,

Ikexplorer

Others and I have used Rafael for years now and he is flawless. Best of luck.

Rafael de Sá Cavalcanti

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Cejames,

Thank you for the recommendation, I will get in touch with him

Kind regards,

Ikexplorer

Hi all,

Does the PF accept electronic copies of a translation (Birth Certificate), or does the original translation need to be presented?

Thanks,

Ikexplorer

Now mine was pre 2017 and need to be originals certified with an apostille by the competent authorities. Most are stapled together with seal overlapping seal. Please do not separate.
Had mine done and FedEx to me.

Ikexplorer wrote:

Hi all,

Does the PF accept electronic copies of a translation (Birth Certificate), or does the original translation need to be presented?

Thanks,

Ikexplorer

Fidelity sent me electronic versions, and I printed them out and presented them to the Polícia Federal.  I wouldn't count on the PF to be able to handle them electronically.
They print out perfectly on regular A4 paper, and a color printer shows up the special stationary they use very nicely.
Same process with DETRAN when I got my Driver's License.

Thank you very much that is good to know.

Thank you!

Good day,

I used "Paulo Fernando Santos  de Lacerda" in downtown Rio. They were very accurate, but as some translations go, sometimes there is a contextual difference.  When I went to pick up the translation, my wife and I read it before approving it.  Small corrections were made and all was approved by the PF. Fees were reasonable. If I remember correctly I paid R$270 for birth certificate and Canadian driver's license.  Going with the cheapest is not always the best idea, especially when dealing with the PF.  Example,  my father and I have the exact same name. On my birth certificate it says "junior's at the end of my name. In Canada " junior" signifies that I have same name as my father but it is not my name.  Because my passport does not have this designation, the translation was refused.  Also any documents you need from your birth country are only valid for 180 days.  So do everything that you want to do in that time frame. Marriage, driver's license, permanent resident application. Good luck.
If you are in Rio the address for the place I used is,

Av. Rio Branco, n° 123 - Grupo 813 - Centro - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Telephone/Fax (21)2507-2724 Cell 99326-2305 / 98865-8304