Buying a brazilian registered vehicle that is out of brazil

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a vehicle from someone that has done a long road trip from brazil to canada.
The vehicle is in the US and I can buy it at a reasonable price and do the import to canada at the boarder.
But I cant find much information on if anything is required to be done by me in Brazil to export the vehicle so it is no longer registered in Brazil.

any advice that could be give would be appreciated, or if there is an export agent I should contact to do that work. the vehicle is not currently in Brazil but is near where I live, that is the only reason this is a good deal for me.

Thanks
Paul

pdgstuff79 wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a vehicle from someone that has done a long road trip from brazil to canada.
The vehicle is in the US and I can buy it at a reasonable price and do the import to canada at the boarder.
But I cant find much information on if anything is required to be done by me in Brazil to export the vehicle so it is no longer registered in Brazil.

any advice that could be give would be appreciated, or if there is an export agent I should contact to do that work. the vehicle is not currently in Brazil but is near where I live, that is the only reason this is a good deal for me.

Thanks
Paul

The exportation is the responsibility of the present owner who registered it in Brazil. Your main concern would be if Canada would accept your importation proceedings with the Brazilian vehicular
registration (with the chassis number -VIN). You should inform first if that´s possible with your local
motor vehicle department. The Brazilian side would be negligible if they accept the importation. The
previous owner will have to shoulder the repercussions on his side for exportation of the vehicle from Brazil.

robal