Residence Permit Sweden

Greetings everyone from near and far!

Note: Feel free to share your experiences here as well, I'd love to read them.

I'm Gilly, from Jamaica. Let me give you a background story. In Feb 2018 I met my girlfriend (Swedish) while I was working as the Manager of a hostel here (temporary job, I'm a translator/dj/music producer)  and while she was here with her friend for vacation. I had no intention or thought of ever falling for someone at my work place, but then we met, spoke and that all fell out the window. I fell for her and she fell for me.

Now we've been together for 1 year and 3 months to date. She traveled to visit me last year in July 2018 and I traveled to meet her in April 2019 (First time ever going to Europe). She has met my family and I met hers, we get along famously.

We decided that we wanted to live together in Sweden, so I applied for Residence Permit to live with someone in April. Then got an e-mail notifying to make an appointment to the Swedish Embassy for an interview. Since Jamaica doesn't have a Swedish Embassy, only a Consulate, I made my appointment in Colombia, after a cancelled flight due to Hurricane Dorian, I finally was able to make it to the interview on the 25th of September, 2019.

During the interview, I signed a power of attorney allowing my girlfriend to get the decision at her address. The interviewer also said that it may take up to a year to get a decision, but she was very helpful saying that signing the power of attorney would prevent an additional 2 month delay of the decision since they would have to send the papers to Colombia and then to Jamaica.

I really hope I can get a decision soon, so that i can be with my girlfriend. I miss her very much. (I plan to ask her to marry me the next time we see each other in person)

Is there any way to get a status or to help propel the process in the right direction?

All comments and help is appreciated.

Big up and Nuff Luv!

Welcome to the Forum :)

There is no way to speed up the process, you just to have to hang tight and be patient.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Thanks for the response and for the welcome, I'm very glad I joined this forum.

Before I felt a bit lost. Being patienct it is then. Big up :up: