Just for fun: History of Spain

Hello everyone,

Whether you're a history buff or not, here's a chance to learn about the history of Spain. Below are a few trivia questions to test whether you have the correct facts.

1. Name 3 iconic monuments/structures in Spain
2. What is the name of the national anthem? When and by whom was it created?
3. Name 2 eminent national historical figures
4. When is the national day celebrated in Spain?
5. Which are the most important turning points in the Spanish history?

Thanks for participating,
Diksha

Yes Diksha,
I'd like to know a few things, Spanish history seems quite complicated - a LOT of civil wars, Carlists, first Republic, second Republic etc. Maybe you can precis the history for us since (say) 1800?
Thank you in advance!

hangoverocks wrote:

Yes Diksha,
I'd like to know a few things, Spanish history seems quite complicated - a LOT of civil wars, Carlists, first Republic, second Republic etc. Maybe you can precis the history for us since (say) 1800?
Thank you in advance!

Hey there hangoverocks :)

Diksha is one of the Moderators  and Admin team of Expat.com. The team ask these questions to keep the forums such as this one Spain flowing. So you will not get a reply from her as she is no expert in Spain. I do recomend that you start a new topic off and members will surely reposnd to it, as this was just for fun.

SiomCityAT
Expat Team

1. 3 iconic monuments/structures in Spain

Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, The Alhambra Palace in Granada and the Guggenheim in Bilbao

2. What is the name of the national anthem? When and by whom was it created?

it's called the Marcha Real and does not have any words. It was composed by Manuel de Espinosa de los Monteros in 1700s

3. Name 2 eminent national historical figures   Federico García Lorca & Salvador Dalí

4. When is the national day celebrated in Spain? it just passed, the 12th October

5. Which are the most important turning points in the Spanish history?

The Spanish Civil War 1930s and the conquest of Al Andalus 1492

Molly
@piccavey