Skilled work permit applicant from India: queries regarding process

Hi all !,

I'm MIchael, and have to apply for a skilled work permit in Norway as early as possible from Bangalore , India.

I have queries regarding the visa application process and would be glad if people can help out.

1- I would need to submit a tenancy agreement in my visa application. How do I obtain a rental agreement from India for a minimum period of stay ( approx 3 months ) ?

In case the visa doesn't get approved and I withdraw my application, how can I get back the 3 months rental deposit ?

2 - Regarding health insurance : what is the process and is this a requirement for the visa?

I couldnt find info on the UDIs page and related ones. on this site : https://blogg.magnuslegal.no/en. they claim that the employee and employer pays 8.5% and 11.5% respective. Kindly confirm.

THanks in advance

Michael

mike28282 wrote:

Hi all !,

I'm MIchael, and have to apply for a skilled work permit in Norway as early as possible from Bangalore , India.

I have queries regarding the visa application process and would be glad if people can help out.

1- I would need to submit a tenancy agreement in my visa application. How do I obtain a rental agreement from India for a minimum period of stay ( approx 3 months ) ?

I don't think it is possible to get a tenancy agreement for such short stay.  Are you staying with a friend?  If yes, you can ask your friend to draft a letter to state that you will be staying with them and attached a copy of your friend's tenancy agreement.

mike28282 wrote:

In case the visa doesn't get approved and I withdraw my application, how can I get back the 3 months rental deposit ?

These should be listed clearly as terms in your tenancy agreement.  There is specific regulation in norway of how to keep the 3 months rental deposits.  It must be kept with the bank with account open especially for rental deposit.  When your tenancy is terminated, the bank will release the deposit.  NEVER EVER NOT OPEN THE ACCOUNT because if you do so, the landlord can do all kind of tricks to cheat you off the deposit.  Make sure you take photos of the state of the place on your first day of moving in to prevent the landlord from accusing you of damages to withhold your deposit.

mike28282 wrote:

2 - Regarding health insurance : what is the process and is this a requirement for the visa?

I couldnt find info on the UDIs page and related ones. on this site : https://blogg.magnuslegal.no/en. they claim that the employee and employer pays 8.5% and 11.5% respective. Kindly confirm.

with regards to social health insurance, that is deducted by the payroll dept from your monthly pay.

I don't think there is a requirement for it to seek visa but you need to get some insurance to protect yourself while waiting for your visa.  If not, you have to pay full price when you get sick while waiting gor residence permit.

Hi

mike28282 wrote:

Hi all !,

THanks in advance

Michael

Hi mike

If you could tell me how long did it take for your visa?

Thanks
Sunny