Looking for renting a scooter bike

Are any renting bike options available near Kuningan city, monthly basis?

Thank you.

Start simple - Do you have a driving licence?

Yes I do, simple, thats why making sense to ask question isn't it?

Hello,
yes, you can rent motorbike. Most of the time, it is a monthly basis.

Try here :
Bintaro Jaya - +62 628 11962313 / +62 81284448711
[email protected]
15221 Jakarta.

or here :
Graha Motorent, Jalan KH Abdullah Syafei No.3C-D, Tebet Utara, Jakarta 12820
(021) 9644 9891.

TRAC Astra Rent A Car/ MOTORBIKE
Boulevard Kav 90/C2, Sunter Jaya, Jakarta 14350.
(0811) 950 0050.

Rajanya Tebu - Motor rental for residents in the homestay. Jalan Rawa Simprug IX No. 26, Kebayoran Lama, Jakarta 12220.
(021) 7279 2449.

Before rental, You always need to show :
- Copy of your ID,
- Proof of your residence
- Driving licence.

Have a nice trip.

Thank you Martin Aston for the information.

Jatinderbimra wrote:

Yes I do, simple, thats why making sense to ask question isn't it?

Assuming it's a SIM C, there are clearly no issues, but a lot of people have no clue their own national licences are useless in Indonesia.

That makes it worth a mention for you and future readers of the thread.

How about with an international permit license?

International Driving Permits are valid in Indonesia but should cover the motorbike group too in order that your insurance policy will cover any accidents you may have. The most common one used in Indonesia is the 1947 Convention IDP, not sure which one your country issues but in most cases they will accept IDP's as long as they are not those scam type ones that you buy over the internet and print out yourself. Many of your fellow countrymen have a lot of difficulties obtaining IDP's so hopefully you have one that includes motorbikes.

I've never had an international licence but I seem to recall something about having to register it at the local polda. That needs checking as I have a SIM A and SIM C so have never needed to bother.

What do you mean by your countrymen?

The response from a senior policeman in charge of driving licenses in our area was that a British driving license could be used in Indonesia but required a letter from a police station in the UK to be submitted to the police station in Indonesia confirming that the person in question does have a driving license and to include the dates of their visit to Indonesia, and that the police here would then issue a letter confirming that your UK driving license could be used here.

However, he also told me that just having in IDP was good enough as long as it covered the class of vehicle that you are driving. In other words, if stopped by the police, just show them your IDP.

@ Jatimderbimra, if you are living in Indonesia or plan to live here and have a KITAS or KITAP then I suggest applying for a local driving license which is valid for 5 years.

When I say "your fellow countrymen" I am talking about travelers from India who commonly complain that International Driving Permits are not easy to obtain in India. I assume you are from India, it shows on your profile Mumbai?

It's not difficult & I do have!

That's great to know. Enjoy riding in Jakarta.

Thanks

For your driving licence, you have to check on Wikipedia or somewhere else:

"Geneve Treaty (Switzerland) signed in 1974."
This treaty shall give you all countries matching International driving licence.

If you want to solve this problem of "matching countries" : Request your homecountry, an international driving licence.
This issue allows you to drive as a tourist.
( I remember that Indonesia gives 30 days tourist Visa or VAO - Visa On Arrival).

As a  personal experience....I have a spanish driving licence, a french driving licence and an international one.
With those, I cannot drive in Filipines, Japan, China, Indo and England)....refers to Geneve Treaty, 1974.

Currently if you have a EU license (French) it is valid in the UK/ England I've no idea why you have been informed about this and is 100% incorrect,
In 2018 if your license or international drivers license is in English language you “could” use it in the Philippines for up to 90 days if not in English language it's void
international driving license in Indonesia are indeed accepted, however I would advise when applying for one that if for example your staying in Sumatra it states on the international license  Sumatra
Some problems spring up because the license states Indonesia only but this is not always the case it's down to province to province if accepted
If states Indonesia it could possibly be rejected as Indonesia is in fact called the republic of Indonesia so extremely patriotic/ jobs worth are perfectly within the rules to reject