Tax on fund transfer from abroad

Hi, I have been working in Belgium for more than 2 years. I have a question related to taxation.

I would like to bring some money from India (EUR 100k) in near future for housing purposes, would like to know about taxation on this? anybody has experience on this?

I would suggest that you use the services like Transferwise instead of a bank because that where you get hit hard with bank fee's.

Thanks for response. But my question is on Belgian tax: will tax be applied on EUR 100000 if I bring at one shot?

kumarbelgium2019 wrote:

Thanks for response. But my question is on Belgian tax: will tax be applied on EUR 100000 if I bring at one shot?

If you use websites like Transferwise, they do all the calculations for you. Even bank websites will do all the work for you. Why don't you try using one of them?

You will have to ask spf finances and douanes of any taxation issues. I appreciate your question has not been answered.

Thanks

Hello,

Why would you want the Belgian state to tax the money you bring to Belgium? The only thing that interests the Belgian state is to know where this money comes from. Is it fraudulent or not? THAT'S ALL.

What you will pay is the international transfer fee and the percentage that a bank or independent agency will take on it. As a result, ask for a quote before deciding by which organization you will pass.