Letter of capacity to marry in Philippines

Maybe someone can help or advise me.I am a German Citizien living here in USA . I am a green card Holder.I havnt been back in Germany since 1990.I have been married here in USA and im divorced.Im planning on getting married in Philippines to Filipina and im required to obtain Letter of legal capacity.My question is can I obtain this through American Embassy since my marriage was in USA and im a US Resident or do I have to obtain through German Embassy since im still German National? It will be nearly impossible to go through german Embassy ...Can someone help? This legal capacity thing is for the birds lol....

ben4dolfin :

Maybe someone can help or advise me.I am a German Citizien living here in USA . I am a green card Holder.I havnt been back in Germany since 1990.I have been married here in USA and im divorced.Im planning on getting married in Philippines to Filipina and im required to obtain Letter of legal capacity.My question is can I obtain this through American Embassy since my marriage was in USA and im a US Resident or do I have to obtain through German Embassy since im still German National? It will be nearly impossible to go through german Embassy ...Can someone help? This legal capacity thing is for the birds lol....

If you are a German citizen and not a U.S. citizen, then I doubt that the U.S. embassy would be of any help to you.

Have you tried contacting the embassy's through either email or phone and asking? It would seem a good place to start.

Regards

ben4dolfin :

Legal capacity.... Like a declaration that you´re single or divorced and is eligible to marry? You can obtain a sworn affidavit from a notary public in the USA. Just show them your divorce decree and a form of ID like your green card or your driver licence.

If you want to clarify further, e-mail or call a Philippine consulate or embassy in the US regarding this requirement letter. Since you´re still a German citizen, Philippine laws might also require you to submit a letter from your German consulate or embassy in the US.

robal

What passport will you use to enter Philippines? If USA then just get the Affidavit at the American embassy in Manila! Takes about an hour! All waiting time! You will be given a number outside the embassy and when it’s called you will enter the embassy and go to the 2nd floor via the stairs to the left when you enter! There you will get a number from pulltab and wait to be called! About 20 minutes if you get to embassy by 8:30am! They will call you to the far left window where you will fill out the Affidavit! About 5 questions giving name and address! You will then go to windows when called to pay $50 cash! Then you will be called back to first window where you will sign and raise your right hand and swear all is true! Done!

Best to get here in Philippines because it is time sensitive

If you need any help send me a private message and I will try help with all your questions lol

lasvegan :

If you need any help send me a private message and I will try help with all your questions lol

Help is very addicting so don´t encourage him!  :sosad:  :(  :D  :lol:

lasvegan :

What passport will you use to enter Philippines? If USA then just get the Affidavit at the American embassy in Manila! Takes about an hour! All waiting time! You will be given a number outside the embassy and when it’s called you will enter the embassy and go to the 2nd floor via the stairs to the left when you enter! There you will get a number from pulltab and wait to be called! About 20 minutes if you get to embassy by 8:30am! They will call you to the far left window where you will fill out the Affidavit! About 5 questions giving name and address! You will then go to windows when called to pay $50 cash! Then you will be called back to first window where you will sign and raise your right hand and swear all is true! Done!

Looks like you have lived in the Philippines. I´m curious of how long you lived there and why you left...

Hi Robal
I still live in Philippines! Getting ready to go to Malaysia! I have lived here about a year now! But I have been coming here and living off an on since 1990! Let me give you one very important tip! Live at least one island away from girlfriends family! I don’t care how nice and sweet everyone is! Live here free from family ties until you get true understanding of her family! Be sure to make it understood from day one no loans and you only pay for you and girlfriend! If you don’t probably 80% chance you will go broke here

Sorry Robal
That was meant for ben4 dolfin

lasvegan :

Hi Robal
I still live in Philippines! Getting ready to go to Malaysia! I have lived here about a year now! But I have been coming here and living off an on since 1990! Let me give you one very important tip! Live at least one island away from girlfriends family! I don’t care how nice and sweet everyone is! Live here free from family ties until you get true understanding of her family! Be sure to make it understood from day one no loans and you only pay for you and girlfriend! If you don’t probably 80% chance you will go broke here

The same here in Brazil. I learned that lesson the hard way. People owe me money and never paid back for years now! You give money to a relative would be the worst case scenario. It´s like giving a gift so you might as well forget about it. Brazilians say there are 3 things you don´t lend: money, your car and your woman! At least one island away... Done! I´ll make it 5 to be sure... Malaysia coming? How many countries do you go to?

Quite a few! Going to Bali and Guam in April! Lived in Italy and Spain and Germany in Europe! Japan and Vietnam and Philippines as well as Thailand

lasvegan :

Quite a few! Going to Bali and Guam in April! Lived in Italy and Spain and Germany in Europe! Japan and Vietnam and Philippines as well as Thailand

Same here. I´ve been and still am traveling to different countries every opportunity. I´m fully retired soo just the good things till the end!