Seeking Scottish ex-Pats assistance

Forgive me if this is not an appropriate posting.  I have just joined and this is my first approach. My name is Roger. I have operated across many countries in my life.  I run a small research company out of Scotland *** and we have been commissioned by the Scottish Business Network to survey people in business throughout the world who claim some connection to Scotland, for example by birth, ancestry, education and the like.

I would like to ask whether it is appropriate or not to explain more about our research and post a link to our survey on this site?

Thank you for your time.

Roger

Hi,

It is imperative that you develop more fully the reasons for your research so that you are allowed or not to continue.

Thank you very much for your advice.  The research aims to capture the views of the Scottish Business Diaspora, including Scottish ex Pats who work in business in Portugal and other countries throughout the world.  The research is aimed at providing a basis for advising on how trade can be developed between Scotland and elsewhere.  The initial survey has 25 questions, many of which are optional.  Only if respondents wish to be involved in follow up interviews are they asked to provide contact details; otherwise, it is completely anonymous.

The Scottish Government Minister responsible for trade is being kept informed of the study, and has expressed his support, but the study is the independent initiative of the Scottish Business Network.

In addition to this initial survey, there will also be a literature review, individual interviews and some group discussions before a report is written up and published in the early part of 2020.  All participants will be given the opportunity to request a free copy of the report.

In view of your explanations, for me, it is a NO WAY.

Because you want to use the human potential of our site to do a commercial study serving your direct interests.

However, I advise you to contact the administrators of the site to get their opinion.

ADMIN

Good evening Roger,

Well, well..... that fits quite nicely in the anticipation that Scotland will part from the UUK (Un-united Kingdom) after the break from E.U.

I was a French teacher in Fife some ....... 42 years ago, and I actively demonstrated for the SNP. Margaret Thatcher was on her first mandate. I was jailed by the Royal Fife Constabulary for a Public Speek in a ..... " Kirk ", and I am so proud I did.
I was stricken then by how the Scottish national waters in the  North Sea was managed by Scot Roughnecks, that there was a National Bank of Scotland, and hardly any investment or profit thereof was returned to the Scots !!!!
I have always hoped that Scotland gets its independance back, harvest its many natural or industrial seeds and part from the old Colonial English Empire.
I am sorry I can not help you, but my support is entire.

Charles
A non typical French Citizen

In the light of the response I will not post here.  I have no desire to conflict with the intentions of the site.

Thank you Charles

In light of another reply I won't be posting the link to survey here.  I have no desire to conflict with the intentions of the site

However, thanks so much for your comments.  Really interesting to hear from you.  I wish you well for the future.

Kind regards, Roger

Do try to grapevine through Scots living in Portugal, social networks, local  distributors of Scottish products in Lisbon.... possibly scarce but one sprout can bloom out big time !
Charles

Yes, will do.  Good advice.