What children do during spring break or long term vacation?

Hello, everyone.

This expat.com really helps me to find the good information.
Thank you very much.

I will be working mom in HCMC soon.
I need your advise!

Since we will be working parents, we are not able to look after kids during the spring break.
Maybe nanny can take care of the kids. (kids age, 5 yrs and 4 yrs.)

But, i think it is quite boring to stay at home with nanny all day long.
Do you have any  idea for kids to spend the great time during spring break or long term vacation
without parents?

Thank you so much!

I think the disadvantage that you have is you probably don't have any extended family in HCMC. Vietnamese tends to live with extended family so the grandparents or aunt/uncle would be around to watch the kids. I don't think they send the kids to camp like they sometimes do here in the states.

I guess I need to figure out what I am going to do. :(
Thank you for the good advice!

worldvillage wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thank you very much.

I need your advise!

Since we will be working parents, we are not able to look after kids during the spring break.

Do you have any  idea for kids to spend the great time during spring break or long term vacation
without parents?

Thank you so much!

I have no idea if this is possible, but if I were a parent in your situation, I would explore possibilities centered around support activities at a local orphanage.

In Danang there is a Facebook group that organizes such activities at least once a month.

Also, in Quy Nhơn (Qui Nhơn) there is at least one organization having day camp type events at the beach centered around ecological awareness for children.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
worldvillage wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thank you very much.

I need your advise!

without parents?

Thank you so much!

I have no idea if this is possible, but if I were a parent in your situation, I would explore possibilities centered around support activities at a local orphanage.

In Danang there is a Facebook group that organizes such activities at least once a month.

Also, in Quy Nhơn (Qui Nhơn) there is at least one organization having day camp type events at the beach centered around ecological awareness for children.

I think both ideas above are very good.

In addition, I feel Vietnamese children are expected to hep the family in many ways; it's not about them being entertained.