No Conversion - Tourist Visa to Temporary Resident Visa

Hi All. I have been here in the Philippines for 2 years, 8 months now. I have overstayed but paid necessary penalty and fees for that. I also had a motion for reconsideration during my last extension to allow me not to leave the country and just pay fines and fees and it was approved. I have married my Filipina wife five months ago and we are now processing application for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). However upon evaluation, my visa implementation page says "No Conversion" so I am not qualified to convert to any other visas. The immigration officer said that the only way is to leave the country but unfortunately in my case this is not an option. Is there any way I can get TRV or any applicable visa and stay here in the Philippines with my wife? This is an urgent issue and hoping anyone can help or enlighten me on what to do for my case. Thank you!

This is the basic requirement for your TRV. If you have your marriage contract or certificate, you are qualified for TRV. no matter what is on your visa.

Yes, I have the marriage certificate and all other requirements needed for TRV however due to the "No conversion" my wife and I cannot proceed with the application.

Hi
Just checking, did u got the trv visa?

Yes I got it already

What did you do to get it?@ahmedwarda

What is the validity of TRV?

TRV is valid for a probationary period of one (1) year. Thereafter, it may be extended every two (2) years.
What are the benefits of a TRV holder?
A TRV holder can be employed in the Philippines, lease real property, own personal properties and qualify for Philippine Citizenship after having established residence for at least five (5) years.

Because your home country does not have a reciprocity agreement with the Philippines, you can not convert your TRV to a 13A.