Negotiating salary and benefits in Maldives

Hello everyone,

Better job prospects in Maldives can most certainly be an incentive to leave your country of origin. Securing a contract with the right salary and benefits for you can be crucial to make your move successful.

Is salary and benefits negotiation regarded as common practice in Maldives? If yes, how should you go about negotiating your package (during the hiring process, on a monthly/yearly basis...)?

What do you expect to be included in terms of benefits in your package? Which benefits do you deem necessary in Maldives?

Is tax on the salary of an expat applicable in Maldives or do you have to turn to tax bodies in your country of origin to pay your taxes?

Do the exchange rates of currencies impact your salary as an expat?

Looking back, are there some changes you would have made during the negotiation of your salary and benefits package?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hi Bhavna, I already got a job in the Maldives and on my letter of appointment the company mentioned that they can typically provide travel ticket in:
1) home island
2) home country and service charge. my will is to demand if arrival ticket will be payed by myself or how?
please reply........

Salary(measure all expects and then let them know your expectations like daily grocessary, Monthly bill, travel to office, etc)
Leave,
Travel to home city
Travel expense(To and Fro)
shifting movement

These are things which needs to be considered