MM2H calling visa for my kid.

Hello,
I am new to this forum, so, don't exactly know how this works. My family of 3 already has an MM2H visa. But my daughter's visa has expired where as mine and my husband's visas are valid.
We would like to come and renew our daughter's visa.  Will I get a calling visa letter from the government? What should I do to get a calling visa letter? Or will I have to apply for a regular visa for her?
Also, it would be a new passport as her old passport has expired and we got a new one made. What should I do to get a calling visa for her? Do I need to email somewhere and ask them?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Actually I am a bit curious as to how your daughters MM2H Visa has expired when your husbands and yours haven't. Was hers approved before yours and your husbands?

Also how long until the rest of your MM2H Visas expire?

I believe MM2H Visas are valid for 10 years (5 yrs + 5 yrs if I am not mistaken) so why can't she just extend it? Or has she already had it for 10 years?

Sorry, I may be a bit out of touch with current MM2H procedures.

Shill88 wrote:

Actually I am a bit curious as to how your daughters MM2H Visa has expired when your husbands and yours haven't. Was hers approved before yours and your husbands?

Also how long until the rest of your MM2H Visas expire?

I believe MM2H Visas are valid for 10 years (5 yrs + 5 yrs if I am not mistaken) so why can't she just extend it? Or has she already had it for 10 years?

Sorry, I may be a bit out of touch with current MM2H procedures.

No Shill88...these are all very germane questions. I suspect that the daughter received a shorter visa because of the shorter  period of time that her passport was valid. That means that she actually needs to EXTEND the term of her visa to its full term in her new visa. She is not applying for RENEWAL.

Now if she is out of the country she will need to bring her old and new passport and show Immigration her old one with expired stamp. She will be given a Short-Term Visa or Pass that will allow her to enter the country to deal with the issue. She might need Multiple Copies of the IMM12. Technically it would be better that she apply for this Short Term Visa outside the Country unless she is Commonwealth...otherwise she may be subject to a Journey Performed fee (see Section 9 Application  for Extension of Visit Pass).

Just in case you should send her a copy of your (the principals)  passport specifics page and MM2H visa and the last stamped entry page. Also send a copy of the MM2H Approval Letter. She should have these on hand when entering.  Then your daughter (the applicant) must bring the following documents down to Putrajaya. You may need to go down with her though it is unclear if the principal needs to sign anything in their presence.IMM12  (at the bottom states that it must be signed by "applicant/sponsor" - does that mean just the applicant, just the sponsor or both?

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/app … -extension

Yeah @cinnamonape did say it right. My daughter's passport was valid for 5 years. Thus, got the stamp for the same and now needs to extend.

Thank you for your reply.
I actually wanted to know if I will get a calling visa for her or do I have to go through the regular way of getting the visa.
As for signature, she doesn't have to go to putrajaya in person,  principal applicant's signature would do also, it might be because she is a minor.  :)

A bit of clarification. If she is Pakistani and her visa has expired (i.e. it still doesn't have any time left on it in the expired passport) she may need to obtain a ST visa from the Malaysian embassy or consulate nearest her. That's because South Asia countries - even if commonwealth- require Visas to enter. Otherwise she may need to pay for a Journey Performed visa. Hassle...but something that needs to occur...even though MM2H applicants and recipients are not "looking for jobs" without the proper visa.

As for signature, she doesn't have to go to putrajaya in person,  principal applicant's signature would do also, it might be because she is a minor.

A bit of clarification. If she is Pakistani and her visa has expired (i.e. it still doesn't have any time left on it in the expired passport) she may need to obtain a ST visa from the Malaysian embassy or consulate nearest her. That's because South Asia countries - even if commonwealth- require Visas to enter. Otherwise she may need to pay for a Journey Performed visa. Hassle...but something that needs to occur...even though MM2H applicants and recipients are not "looking for jobs" without the proper visa.

If you've been told that you can do this without her being present then simply take her passport, and the other necessary documents, to PJ and get the stamp. Then you can either hand deliver her passport when you travel back to Pakistan, or send it back to her by courier or other secure method.