Ecole maternelle near Schuman

Helo!
We are planning to move to Brussels until the end of this year. My son will be almost 3.5y at the time, so we are considering kindergaten-maternelle. We are going to be near Schuman and Leopold park. I realized that this is not the best location regarding the public 'ecole maternelle' so we reconsider Colombe de la Paix or La Farandole et les Marronniers. Any other french speeking kindergatens you would recommend?

Where exactly will you live? There are many more ecoles maternelles. You can see them all on www.guide-ecoles.be

If you're living between the 3 schools you name, there are 2 Catholic public maternelles too called saint Stanislas and sainte Anne.

Apply right now.

Thank you for your reply. We are few steps from japanese Embassy. Is there any difference between public public schools and catholic schools, or we can choose the closest one? After we found the appartment l realised that in this area the closest ecole maternelle is in 1.5-2km...

You named only public communal schools. I added 2 Catholic public schools to your list. However, now you've stated were you are living, I'd probably consider these 4 Catholic public schools and 3 communal public schools :
ecole Saint Stanislas 2nd nearest
ecole Saint Louis 2 rue Cardinal
ecole Saint Louis 3 rue de Verviers nearest
ecole la Retraite du Sacre-Coeur
ecole communale Emile Jacqmain
ecole communale la Farandole
ecole communale les Marroniers (Etterbeek)

Those are probably your nearest 7 schools all walking distance but all 1km to 1.5km away so all 15 to 20 minutes walk.

Ecole Colombe de la Paix is too far.

Thank you for the list, it is very helpfull. I will contact them.

Hi Hermiona,

Did you get any feedback from any of the schools or did you visit them? I am in the exact same position as you, my daughter is one more year than yours.

Thanks!

Berta

Actually, we have some delays with our moving, so we haven't contact any of the suggested schools. We are planning to contact them after the holidays,and to reconsider the best option. You?