Shipping stuff to USA

Does anyone know of a shipping agent that will take small loads,  like 30kg, for shipping to USA?
I miss my coffee and a few other necessities.

You call 30kg a small load? :D You miss your coffee but you live in Vietnam and want to ship in the USA? I don't get it?

WillyBaldy wrote:

You call 30kg a small load? :D You miss your coffee but you live in Vietnam and want to ship in the USA? I don't get it?

I notice that many people don't bother to update their bio page.  For many it is once and forget it.  Nothing new there.

Yeah. Anyway, I think shipping by boat would be the only plausible way to ship 30KG of coffee??

I ship a lot of product to the US and you are looking at about $300-$400 for air shipment for 30kg.  And that's assuming you have at least a reasonable discount with a shipping company.  My company has an 84% discount off of FedEx listed rates and I can ship 25kg to Vietnam for $150 but shipping the same 25kg back from Vietnam to the US with the same carrier and discount costs me about $250.  Doesn't make sense - it's the same route reversed - but that's how it is.  Those are both international Priority which is 3 day service.  They have an International Deferred rate which can take 9 days for about 30% less.  I can't help you with the shipping itself but at least you know about what it should cost to ship it.

This could be one of those rare cases where using VNPT surface mail may be the best choice.  I don't know if it actually moves by ship.  It may just be a lower priority.  At any rate it will take about 6 weeks, but coffee is not perishable.   It was a while ago but I priced out what I think no may have been 20kg.  The shipping price was such that the coffee would cost about the same as Trung Nguyen in our local Chinatown markets.  Of course Trung Nguyen is far from the best Vietnam has to offer.  If you have a favorite brand, you should check out VNPT.

Of course if you don't live near any Vietnamese markets there is always the world's largest retailer:  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Vietnamese+c … _sb_noss_2

SteinNebraska wrote:

I ship a lot of product to the US and you are looking at about $300-$400 for air shipment for 30kg.  And that's assuming you have at least a reasonable discount with a shipping company.  My company has an 84% discount off of FedEx listed rates and I can ship 25kg to Vietnam for $150 but shipping the same 25kg back from Vietnam to the US with the same carrier and discount costs me about $250.  Doesn't make sense - it's the same route reversed - but that's how it is.  Those are both international Priority which is 3 day service.  They have an International Deferred rate which can take 9 days for about 30% less.  I can't help you with the shipping itself but at least you know about what it should cost to ship it.

Thank you. I appreciate the info. It helps.

I'm no longer in HCMC, but in the USA

Shipping  by sea would be fine.

Vietnam Post might be a viable option.  It takes a few weeks but it is cheap.  I just don't know if they have weight restrictions.

SteinNebraska wrote:

I just don't know if they have weight restrictions.

If you are shipping coffee for you own use and not for resale, 10kg at a time should be plenty.  That's 20 sacks of the commonly available 500gm size.

Thanks All,

Not just coffee, but mixed stuff. In particular cloths that also can't be found here in Alaska.
Probably will revert back to ordinal plan which is to come to Vietnam twice a year and bring it back for free.

Shipping to Alaska is going to be pretty expensive. Might make more sense to fly back to VN for vacation and then bringing it back with you.