Working hours in Doha, reality

Hi all,

Planning a move to Doha, doing some research, getting some really conflicting views on this, at least from the web sites. Some say, morning 07.00-03.000, i.e. day's over by 3 PM (15.00), 5-day weeks. Others claim upto 48 hours per week, some claims 6-7 days unofficially, .

So, what is the reality please?

About me: I'll be working in IT leadership, so IT, but not an IT provider as such. In the private sector, well-semi-private.

Depends on the employer. Some private sector usually work for 9 hours per day = 5 daysX9 hrs =45 hrs (1 hr break)
Yes most of the company shift starts for 7.00am.
Better you  contact  the HR department for more clear information about the working hrs etc.

LucasIlves wrote:

Hi all,

Planning a move to Doha, doing some research, getting some really conflicting views on this, at least from the web sites. Some say, morning 07.00-03.000, i.e. day's over by 3 PM (15.00), 5-day weeks. Others claim upto 48 hours per week, some claims 6-7 days unofficially, .

So, what is the reality please?

About me: I'll be working in IT leadership, so IT, but not an IT provider as such. In the private sector, well-semi-private.

which company and what kind of IT job? am in IT here we have teams availability 24/7, we have outsourcing working 8 hours only and we have some resources works for 2 hours only 
depends on your company first, and your role, and the project u r assigned

Thanks for the replies.

Crying_seabird: I guess you are speaking of team availability not individual personal availability/ presence. Sure, emergency on-calls I understand. But as a routine do you have 24hr workdays?

The intent of the question is a bit different. How many hours are you obligated to be at work? Europe it depends from 6 hours to 7.5 officially, max 8.

24-36  hours depend only on server site if anything went down or unable to restore.  8 hrs working as per Ministry of labour law . many companies have 8 hours and 9 hrs duty which I said earlier include break  .  Some companies do ask employees to take responsibility and are paid  in term of OT if you work extra hours. 

Why don't you ask the employer? They are one who have more information better than us.

LucasIlves wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

Crying_seabird: I guess you are speaking of team availability not individual personal availability/ presence. Sure, emergency on-calls I understand. But as a routine do you have 24hr workdays?

The intent of the question is a bit different. How many hours are you obligated to be at work? Europe it depends from 6 hours to 7.5 officially, max 8.

officially 8 hours,
but depends on your job description, and your project status,
we have a development team whose working 16 hours/day for a late project
, and we have support 24/7 who doesn't work 2 hours per day,

have you asked about  your project status, if it is on schedule, it is expected to work 8-10 hours, if it is delayed consider that working hours will not be the reglar or the official