Jobnexus

Hi everybody.

I'm applying for jobs in the UAE and I try to find head hunter agencies.
I found a website (https://jobnexus.com/) that proposes to send your application to dozens of recruiting agencies, but they ask to pay for that (around 200UAD).
I just wondered if you know jobnexus or have any feedback about it?
This seems to be interresting for me, but I'm afraid it to be only advertisement. So, I'm searching for a feedback about it.
Did anybody hear about them?
Thanks.

As I mentioned to you on private message; forget about it.

There are tons of these agencies around.  They charge you money and at most "shotgun" your CV to the emails of recruiting agencies.  These emails are promptly ignored as spam as these agencies get thousands of such and other emails a day.  And these sites have no connection or influence on any employers or recruiters.

As a hiring manager, I used to get emails sent by these agencies all the time.  I never read them and other colleagues, even went further and never ever recruited a candidate from such referrals as it implied a high level of desperation i.e. willingness to blind mail your CV to thousands of random people.

Ok. Thanks.
When you say "even went further and never ever recruited a candidate from such referrals as it implied a high level of desperation i.e. willingness to blind mail your CV to thousands of random people." You are speaking of sites like Jobnexus. Not recrutment agencies?
Because actually, one of my strategies consist of contacting the recrtutment agencies to give them my CV.
I enven though about asking for face to face meetings with managers in these agencies, in order to explain better my skills and professional objectives...

Samir__Reghaia wrote:

like Jobnexus. Not recrutment agencies?
Because actually, one of my strategies consist of contacting the recrtutment agencies to give them my CV.
I enven though about asking for face to face meetings with managers in these agencies, in order to explain better my skills and professional objectives...

Yes sites like job nexus. Reputable recruitment agencies do not do "shotgunning" of CVs for the most part.

Yes, a F2F meeting always goes much better than a blind email.

Very good.
I am indeed coming to the UAE to try to "force the destiny". I will come by the begining of November and I try to get as much as possible Face to Face meetings, mainly with recrutment agencies. I want to present them my CV, main skills and professional willingness/objectives.

I am still a bit unclear on the way to proceed to get these meetings.
If you have any contact with whom I could arrange a meeting, that would be really nice from you. You could reply by PM if relevant. Of course, this is also true for companies (not only recrutment agencies).

By the way, I am a senior mechanical engineer specialized in Design Mechanical Engineering and Structural Analysis. I seek an equivalent position of senior mechanical engineer or even PEM (Project Engineering Manager), in the industry (Oil & Gas, Renewables, Nuclear, Transport, Desalination... etc).
Thank you.

Basically, you need to find the right people on linked-in and send them a message letting them know that you are coming in and would like to have a quick meeting.  Some will respond, some won't.   It is just like cold calling.

Practically speaking, keep it to recruitment agencies as they are used to meeting candidates.  Companies will not entertain you at all unless an internal employee refers you for a meeting.

I would help but your field is totally different i.e. technical.  The recruitment agencies for those and / or contacts are not something I am familiar with.

Ok. Thank you for advice.