Importing goods from china

Hello everyone,  name is Mubarak,  recently I developed an interest in importing goods mainly textile materials from China to Nigeria,  but I technically have zero idea on how to move the goods from China to Nigeria without dealing with boarder/custom officials myself,  but anyway I just wanna know how the business is done... Anyone with some experience on how to go about it pls

Cheers

Guangzhou

The import / export business is a large, well established business. It goes by the name of supply chain management.

You can find information regarding it on the internet. In general, for a person just starting out, you buy some products. you get a freight forwarder. They load the goods onto a shipping container. It sails to your destination. You unload the container and you sell the products.

FOB is the most common means of shipment. Either in 20'GP or 40/HQ.
LCL is for small orders where you share a container.

This is a HUGE subject, and will involve many many pages of explanation. Not that it is all that difficult, but you need to start somewhere. Just start at the factory where you will get the goods from and work from these. Everything will fall into place. Best of luck.

Gracias

Hello!

I have a question for you guys.

What sites and forums are now most popular in the topic of purchase the goods and delivery of goods from China.

I live in China and do this professionally - I want to find a semi -polar platform for placing advertising about myself.

It will be great to share some info to DM me

Have a great day for everyone!!!

Hello chekagos,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I am not certain if this website is the best place to find the information you are seeking.

I recommend exploring a specialized forum dedicated to this topic, where you can engage with business professionals and gather the insights you need.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team