One year extension visa

I am about to ask Immigration for the first time for a 1-year extension to my OA retirement visa, could someone please advise me of what information and paperwork I require to take as I believe it is very different to the 90 day visit.

The nearest Thai Immigration Bureau office would be your best information source.

Thanks, I was trying to avoid the 2-hour drive to get there.

This is Thailand, And it not so easy to say as to bring copy of A-B-C and that it.
It is up to the Immigration office and then again up to the Immigration officer you meet on the day.

But TM.7 completed with you data and a picture.

Copy of passport, Some place want copy of all page, Some only frontpage, stamp coming in, Visa you enter on, And if renew a Extension, Then the last Extension stamp, Arrival card.
Therefor i all ways copy every page, As my office change from year to year what they want.

Proof of where you live, Like a contract, If live at girlfriend / wife house, Then a letter from her say so.
Some Immigration office dont want the proof, And other want ekstra proof like a bill with your adresse and name on it.

Some place want a picture or 2 of you in front of your house / condo, Some dont. (Yes some for Retirement-Extension all so)

Some want  you or your landlord to have make a TM.30 before you can applied for a Extension.

Then there is the proof of your money. Be it income or money in the bank.
The Combine option some Immigration office say yes to, Others Immigration office say NO.
And again to many different option from Immigration office to Immigration office  to list them here.

Some place all so have Immigration come to your home at check if you live there or not, Might talk to your neighbors about it.
I change from Married Extension to Retirement-Extension this year, And a home visit again, And was told in my area Immigration have to do home visit every year, And take a picture with the foreigner outside foreigner home.
Every foreigner on Extension have to be check.
They have to upload the picture & formular the do when at your home.

Some Immigration office want a map with you home on it.
Some is ok with a google map, Some it have to be hand drawn map (My Immigration only want hand draw map), And some Immigration Office dont want a map.

So better to go early to your Immigration with the paper work you think is need  and see what they say, And what they want.
You can go as early as 30 days before, Some Immigration Office 45 days before.

Kindly.

I would like to thank you very much for the detailed information, I will go to the extreme as I live 2 hours outside Chiang Mai it would be better to have too much than not enough. I believe the cost is about 2000 baht. I am sorry that I have not used your name as you never printed it.                       

Thanks again, Barry.

Yes to every thing as every office can interprete the rules slightly differently , and what they say goes, hope you have a polite fluent Thai speaker with you as everything is conducted in That, their country their rules, and they have no problem saying no, try and get it in writing if possible for later as another review offie can change their mind , you will learn the process is cumbersome, polite but cumbersome, as I was at the local office for a Tm 30 reporting and with a fluent thai to hand on my side, it took over an hour while 3 levels reviewed the 4 forms that had to be filled out and all my originals which the¥ made copies of ... good luck you will need it and a bucket of patience.

I do have a Thai partner and she has helped me very well on everything as she is very good at explaining my side of the story to them. As you told me all the paperwork we have to take plus other items that they may or may not ask for I am sure that we have all bases covered, I will tell you how we got on in early October. Thanks again.

Leave Thailand before it expires and return Before it expires and you get an automatic one year extension but beware this extension does not include any re entries so you must go to Immigration and buy one. If you leave Thailand without this your Visa is cancelled

It would cost more to do it that way than spending 30 minutes getting photocopies and a couple of hours at immigration. Thanks anyway.

I go before 31 October 2019 as the new Rule (Law) about have the insurance for the NoN OA Visa come into play, As all ways in Thailand when new Rule (law) there going to be a lot of mistakes done the first week(s) after that.

One can follow the information come out about some Immigration Office all ready interprets the new rule (law) incorrect.

So IF your 30 days period is before 31 October 2019, I go get it done before that.
You dont lose any days by apply 30 days before.

Kindly.

Hi Barry,
I have a folder with all the information, banks, bank accounts, letters from police to say where i live, house book, Photos, driving licences , pension doc's  in all about 80 documents. One time they look maybe 2 next time 50. Just take everything you have relating to your life here.  But your probably be missing one. It's all up to the immigration office you deal with. Some tip's where long trousers , nice shirt and a smile.
good luck,

Denis

I agree, smile be courteous and it all depends on the Officer you get. In a small way, I extended my 30 day visa to 60 visa. In and out within 15+ minutes. I realise it's a small matter to what some of you other guys are going through. But, it all depends on the Officer you get. Good luck to all. PS. I hope to go through the ropes next year. Keep an eye on this topic will help, Brian