Expat.com is looking for advisors/experts in Portugal

Hello everyone,

Expat.com is the leading community platform dedicated to expatriation that aims to help those who live or wish to live abroad, including Portugal.

We are currently looking for one or more advisors/experts ( volunteers) with a good knowledge about Portugal and to be more specific in Lisbon to help keep the forum active, and help members in their journey to gather information about their move abroad.

You will join a team who comes from all corners of the world and whose ambition is to share their knowledge of their host country.

So that you have a better idea of ​​the possible missions of an advisor/expert, we have created an introduction page which I invite you to read  :  Experts program.

If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact me in private or by email on bhavna@https://www.expat.com or to post directly on this thread. :)

Thank you in advance for your help and support, I wish you a great day,

Bhavna
Expat.com Team

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I'm portuguese, but have lived and worked in the UK for a number of years; we decided to move to Lourinha, Portugal back in 2010, to have that quality of life people talked about.  Being portuguese and having family nearby made the transition very easy, but the stress of bringing up a young family and not being able to find work took its toll, and during Portugal's recession period when the prime minister publically announcing for nationals to leave Portugal to look for work as the country was going through for terrible cutbacks - I found myself back in the UK in 2015.  The reasons for coming back was because I felt extremely strongly that if I couldn't find work in Lisbon or locally, then the chances of my children being able to survive was pretty remote.

I have a vast experience, in dealing with all aspects of Portuguese daily life, as I have an english husband, and so pretty much everything from running a household, and dealing with doctors,car issues, etc.  It was down to me to deal with whilst looking after the kids.  So I do have the knowledge to be able to advise other expats who are thinking of living in Portugal.

Portugal has a lot to offer in terms of weather, beaches, and a lot of interesting history.
I will eventually retire back there when the time is right, and my kids have grown and settled down wherever they may be.