Single work permit

Hey Friends,

Hope you guys are doing awesome.
My employer applied a single permit for me on 28th May and my work permit was approved on 28th June but since the day it is awaiting second level approval from home ministry. Is this the case for most of the folks out there or I'm the only chosen one? How much maximum time does it take to get the work permit? Any tips or contacts to get some status.

Your views and suggestions would be super appreciated.

Hello,

There is a thread already for this topic.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830861

Thanks!!!

Hello Ashish,

The process of work permit changed in January. So it is the normal procedure, first you get your work permit approved and then they send your files to the Home office for the approval by their side.

In the page of Belgian Government it's mentioned that this new process can take up to 4 months and as your application was submitted on 28th of May I assume you'll get new by 28th of September.

Hello. Thanks for the reply. So, I assume they won't exceed 4 months period?

Hello ,

I am in the same situation and its already 5th month for me 😐 till now its not yet been approved  i received my work permit  the usual one and my residence permit renewal is stuck could you please advice what should i do

Thanks,
Sreevidya

Hi ashish ,  did you receive your wp

Hello All,

My employer, submitted all the documents on 26th of September. I would like to know by when I will be getting my single permit. And what are all the stages of approval in the new process ? Any leads on this is highly appreciable.

Thanks in advance.