Dependent visa : Wife coming from France to Belgium

Hello everyone,

I am a young professional coming from India. Having stayed in France for a year, I recently moved to Brussels for Job a month back. I have finished the application to Schaerbeek commune for my residence permit, but still waiting for police verification. My wife is studying in France and I wish to move her in Brussels on a dependent visa, as her education is done. So, my queries are:
1. Do I need to wait for my residence permit, before applying for her dependent visa?
2. What are the documents required for the Family Reunification?
3. Is the granting office the local commune itself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. You can also apply using Annex 15 (This is a document commune can provide you saying you registered in the commune and you are waiting for RP). Second option is to wait for your RP and apply.
2. There are many threads in the forum discussing this. Search for spouse visa or family reunion or dependent visa, in the forum. https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=256
3. Your spouse have to apply to the Belgian consulate in France. I assume she holds a French Residence Permit now which makes her eligible to apply from France itself. Deciding authority is the consulate and DOFI (Foreign Affairs Department).

Thanks a lot, Aneesh.

Do they need the marriage certificate for the dependent visa? If yes, do you know where and how I can get it apostilled and translated (my original certificate is only in English)?

Marriage certificate is the most important document for dependent visa. You can get it in whichever office your marriage is registered. Normally consulates accept certificates in English.Apostile is always done in the country that issues the certificate.

Hello Aneesh,

Thank you for the clarification. Can you tell me whether it is possible to get the attestation/translation of the marriage certificate in the Indian Embassy in Brussels?

No. Marriage certificate has to be apostilled from the country it was issued by (India in your case). Translation is normally not needed for visa application. If translation is needed in any later stage, you can get it done by any sworn translator in Belgium.

Thanks a lot, Aneesh.
Actually my wife is in France who finished her studies there and working as an intern. I wish to bring her to Brussels as soon as possible. Now which would be fast as far as getting a dependent visa-
1. Get the marriage certificate apostilled from India and then sent it to here.
2. We marry again in Belgium (Wierd, but looks like an option)

I Just want the faster option. Any suggestion?

Dont complicate things by doing the 2nd option you mentioned above.

Sir,

I have received my Belgium single permit

for Visa D - Unique Permit
https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/sit … permit.pdf

Above links is the document list, there is no mention PCC requirement.

So please me insure PCC is required or not?

Because i have PCC but which is 6 month old, this one is expired on 13/10/2019, am from Nagpur need to go Mumbai for Visa

So please.

Have you provided a PCC for your single permit application earlier ?