Maintaining a long distance relationship as an expat in Iran

Hello everyone,

Moving to Iran without your significant other can be quite difficult, especially since your partner is an undeniable source of support. This kind of move may require some adjustments from both parties in order to make it a successful one.

What is challenging about being in a long distance relationship in Iran?

How to maintain an adequate level of communication considering differing schedules and time zones?

How often would you travel to each other's location to meet?

How do you manage to still have a social life in Iran?

What hurdles need to be considered if you have left behind children who are under the sole care of your partner?

Thanks for sharing your experience,
Bhavna

i think it all depends on the case, dont know if you want me/us to share this experience or advice . i have been before and thats why i came to iran, to not be in long distance relationship this time .
i think it is best to have a routine, depends on the time zone but i used to have 1 hour tchat before my breakfast since it was her lunch time , everyday. so we can sill share thought, hard times, confort etc
with children i think you will need more time han that but your partner might not have this much time lol
i think it doesn't matter so much how long each separation will be, depends on the daily contacts and relaton you had before . but i would say every 3 months is ok, more than that and you will spend eeks realizing how much things change when you are not here ... 
it can also differ from different cultures, some people understand better the need or advantages to go abroad, for a mutual goal .
good luck

ho, and let me know if you find a way to have any kind  social life here lol
you need to know people to get to know people here, everythings is in houses, some iranian could invite you once but most dont pea english or dont want to make their guest speak a language they dont really speak, unless they proud of it .
so its an internal quest, you need connection to make connection and can not have good connections without a good situation which you can not get without connection ...
besides hostels lounge i didn't find any cool spots to meet foreigners or english speaking people yet
sorry if i am too much helpfull or encouraging