Tourist Visa before employment pass application

Hello Community members,

I am facing a situation regarding the malaysia employment pass application and looking forward for some assistance to understnad the malaysia immigration laws.

I have recently been offered a job in malaysia and the company is ready to sponsor my employment pass application. But, they are in a very urgent need to support their team and would like me to start support from India remotely while my employement pass application is going on.

However, with regards to the nature of work, I need few things from the company to work remotely. Now, I want to know if it is valid to get to malaysia on a touridt pass to get the required equipment? Please note that I am not going to commence my work from there. If not, what are the ways to do that? Would this prove to be a problem during my employment pass application?

Appreciate your help.

Hi

im currently on the same situation as you, currently doing my work remotely EP process really take alot of time. I was about to go for a PVP before considering an EP. Do update if you were able to find a solution.

Thanks