Molise

There is a couple of posts and reports doing rounds with Molise being under populated and that the will actually pay to have people move there. Is the any truth in this or just another bull storie????

There is an article in USATODAY  (search for the following article "Get $27,000 to move to Italy: That's this region's plan to attract newcomers") .
Basically, Molise will pay you 700 euro per month for 3 years if you live in a village of 2000 or less inhabitants    and start a business there.

That is the article I'm talking about. Is there any truth in the article as I can't find any more information and or aplication forms????

Molise is offering €700 a month to newcomers who settle in underpopulated areas

Now for the small print: people who are given the monthly “residents income” must migrate to a town with fewer than 2,000 people and open a business. The business can be anything, while those who work remotely will also be welcomed so long as they prove they are contributing to the economy, for example by buying or renting a home and signing up to services.

“This is not a gift, it's more an assistance,” said Toma.

The scheme will initially be limited to 40 candidates, and if after a year things are going well, Toma will seek more funding for more people.

Awsome. Where would one be able to make enquiries???

Marcello Gagiano wrote:

Awsome. Where would one be able to make enquiries???

www.regione.molise.it

I was on that site last night, but couldn't find anything relating to this topic there.
That is why I decided to ask on this forum.........................

Hi Marcello Gagiano,

Its nice to see someone who is in same Boat.
here is the link
http://www3.regione.molise.it/flex/cm/p … gina/16690

This is their contact centre email
[email protected]