Residence Permit Update (after interview)

Hey, guys!
I've done my interview last September 9 and I forgot some details about my mom and dad's age and so as my partner's parents ages 🤣 (most of the ages I've given were just a year or 2 years excess of their ages, I almost forgot mine too 🤣 IDK)

But, aside from that I've answered everything. Also, my interviewer was not as interactive as what I've expected. He was more into typing the details that I was saying other than getting involved in the conversation ( he sometimes stops me if ever he did not catch up with all the details I've mentioned). It was more on him typing all throughout the session so it is really hard to build a connection and talk more when he never even glance at me (always eyes on the computer) plus, he stops every now and then to clarify details.

Albeit, everything was somehow decent and I've been concise and firm about my answers.

Just last night, we received an email from migration after a week and 3 days of waiting to send more documents like pictures, passport stamps etc. since my fiance and I had been seeing each other for 5 times in the span of 2 years and most of the stays had long durations (2 of the trips was me visiting him in SWE)

If ever you have experienced this, please do drop me a message here or my instagram account: @dearmoneira. I just want to ask if this step is natural and if this leads to approval or the other way around.

Thank you so much 🙏

I'm also in the same condition as you
We were asked to send additional documents since two weeks ago which we did but yet no reply again since then

Awh I wish us both good luck then because we need all the luck in the world 🙏 If ever you have received the results from Migration can you please notify me 🌸🌸🌸 Thank you!

Okay I will
I wish you good luck too

Don't you worry!

I have had two face to face contacts with Swedish immigration on my behalf and several other times on some others behalf. I had a colleague who worked with us part time for fun who was really a government servant through Swedish Immigration Board. I tried to get out some information out of him but couldn't really since they have a professional secrecy. But I tricked him and put answers into his mouth to get some understanding about how they work.

Bottom line is they want to know Sven and Maria is in love with each other and Maria is Maria and not Julia who is pretended to be Maria and Maria is not married to someone else and Sven has a reasonable financial situation to take care of Maria and himself until Maria comes out to the Swedish labour market. (and some security control due to current world situation)

Everything they are doing only to clarify above and nothing else. If you are honest nothing to worry.

And I hope you Faifai05 will write a step by step guideline from your experiences from day one after you get your visa stamped on your passport. Hopefully expat.com team will stick that post on top here as it helps many others later.

Hi! Nice to meet you here. I applied last April 8 and was able to booked a time for the interview during May 3. I had my interview last August 20 in Bangkok. They didn't asked for additional documents after that. But my fiancé called the handler after 2 weeks for a follow up, also to ask if they need more documents, and they said they are trying a new system now that might help the applicants get the decision faster. Also, the handler during the application will not be anymore handling the things for decision making, they said.

Hope to hear more from you when you get an update. God bless! 😊

Goodluck nato tanan miss , I got my interview last 2nd of sept 2019 , karun sge pa ko ga follow up online kay 2 weeks naman since sa akong interview. Hope all of us will received approval soon.

God bless us all.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My residence permit is finally approved 2 weeks after my interview! They asked us to send additional information such as airplane tickets, hotel bookings, chatlogs/ call logs and  photos 16th of September and we submitted the files on the 20th. On the 23rd of September, I received an email saying that our case is settled and on the 24th early in the morning I sent an email to the embassy of Sweden in Bangkok about our decision and in the noon time around 12 the same day, I received an email from them stating that IT IS APPROVED! We have to wait for a month though to get the UT card from Bangkok but we're very happy that the process was so kind and fast to us.

Hope you all get a response soon!

Wow! Congrats girl. I'm happy for you. Hope all of us can have the decision as soon as possible. I'm from Cebu also. Nice to meet you here.

Congrats to all  of you who has successfully approved to enter Sweden. Let us continue to connect in this network and see how we could help others.

God bless you all  to your new journey!

Best regards....

Hi.  Could you help me as u mentioned u have contacts in MV.

Hi all a quuestion after your residence is approved... how long tim you have to move????

Hello beatrizbarros2006,

I invite you to ask your questions on the Sweden forum by starting a new thread.

This way, it will increase your chances as this thread has been inactive since 2019.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team