Retirement visa options.

Hi. I'm 39 retired military from the US. I am planning on moving/retiring to metro Manila area within the next six months. I was originally juat going to live the tourist visa life but have recently become interested in the retirement visas offered. The thing is, I'm having a bit of trouble choosing the right one for me. I get compensation from the VA and ss. But my age seems to put me out of reach of some options. I have heard in passing online about special veteran programs but can't seem to find much info on it. I'm wondering or asking some advice on which program would fit with my age, vet status and income. ($4000+ combined)
Thanks all.

Starving030 wrote:

Hi. I'm 39 retired military from the US. I am planning on moving/retiring to metro Manila area within the next six months. I was originally juat going to live the tourist visa life but have recently become interested in the retirement visas offered. The thing is, I'm having a bit of trouble choosing the right one for me. I get compensation from the VA and ss. But my age seems to put me out of reach of some options. I have heard in passing online about special veteran programs but can't seem to find much info on it. I'm wondering or asking some advice on which program would fit with my age, vet status and income. ($4000+ combined)
Thanks all.

The Philippines Retirement Authority or PRA handles all SRRV (Special Resident Retiree Visa) visas.  If you have not already done so, take a look at their website. Link below.
https://pra.gov.ph/

The PRA has accredited representatives who will ask for NO money for their service and help. If you are interested, please send me a private message (just click on my name), and I will send you contact information for two very helpful and experienced people who can answer any of you questions, NO CHARGE.

Regards.

Starving030 wrote:

Thanks all.

TeeJay offers great info, resources, help and you, if wise should avail his offer. PM. To TJ. Could I also suggest further reading here, other expat sites and google our best friend.
BTW welcome to the forum and sincerely hope you find answers to your needs and situation, many suggestions/questions will come. ie.
Have you been to PH. ? If so why choose the Philippines and particularly Manila? Only a question.
SRRV offers great and inexpensive retirement options to retirees from armed forces aligned with the Philippines, big bonus and a great option.
Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers, Steve.