Social Security & Pension Coverage Transfer to belgium

Hi,

My question is regarding transfer of social security benefit from another country to Belgium.
Say Example, India to Belgium.

Now if an expat who were working in India for last 12 years, now comes to Belgium.

Normally, what we think that as per Belgian Pension system he has to work 45 years for full pension & his 12 years service in India wont count!

Now if that employee has been contributing monthly to EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation), New Delhi, India - the Indian State social security provider, it seems his service duration in India of social security contribution could be counted towards that 45 years in Belgium!!!

There has been a agreement in place between Govt of India & Kingdom of Belgium regarding this since 2009, refer this link,

https://www.socialsecurity.be/CMS/en/co … ion_-India

dear members please review and comment, similar agreement are in place for other nationalities also.

Hi,

Be careful, there are errors in your analysis.

Read what's written in Part II. The type of contract must also be taken into account.

Because in Belgium, an employee sent on a mission abroad for up to five years remains on the belgian system. otherwise he can switche to another status.

Overseas social security

Exactly as Phipiemar mentioned, the agreement (as far as I know) is dependent on contract type. This is applicable when a person is on a mission (on-site assignment) from an Indian employer to a Belgian office of the employer or a client site. When one moves to a Belgian payroll completely, this agreement is not applicable anymore. This is what I know, from experience talking to people. If you get more info, please share.