Can I go to jail/prison for overstaying a tourist visa ?

Topic question.

What’s the absolute worst that has ever happened ?

I’m fine paying $10,000,00 Maximum BR for overstaying.
But do they permanently ban me from Brazil if they catch me ?
Playing Russian Roulette at the moment.

Well it is the law, but I would think the worse is deportation and If you are caught by the authorities with an expired visa, you are given a period of seven days to leave the country. You also receive the overstay penalty and the six month ban.

I´ve seen people overstay and are able to come back later. As long as the delay to leave the country is not that long and as long as you pay the fine, you should be ok. I have not seen someone going to prison for overstaying - yet.

Probably one exception is if you stay like years or a repetitive overstay of long periods of time. They probably could fit you to one of their laws for "desacato" and set you up for punitive measures and later deported.

The worst is the R$10,000 max multa which you will certainly recieve at the airport when you leave. Its not like Brazil has ICE agents patrolling and looking for visa offenders.

Except you do something to get the Police or PF attention to ask for your documents, you should be fine until your multa gift from PF at the airport.

essxiv :

Topic question.

What’s the absolute worst that has ever happened ?

I’m fine paying $10,000,00 Maximum BR for overstaying.
But do they permanently ban me from Brazil if they catch me ?
Playing Russian Roulette at the moment.

What is the Reason Love?, get married , get into a stable union, have a baby by a Brasilian, hide out for a year, go deep cover...

I am wondering if no Visa is no  longee required for US Citizens then does one still need a Round Trip Air Ticket  with a specific date...

How is the  "No Visa " Tracked.....

Does one Need to show a form of Passage of movement from Brasil, Bus, Rail, Pony , Donkey Cart,Boat..Back packing...help me with this Hypothetical Topic...just being the D.A. (Devils Advocate )..smh...

no visa are tracked at point of entry and exit, land, sea and air. Each time you enter and exit the stamp passport. Just as it has been with UK and other EU counties.
It has caused longer lines at BR immigration's office at the AR/BR border. Agents have staffed up along the border and really hitting those that do not get stamp with $R 400 per person and a nice drive to the PF office ( those caught have to find a taxi back, with a couple extra hours gone from the trip) Additional "random " check points also been increased. Many use to just drive through border and go back.
Now they have to get back the waiver fee back someway.

That's why one adds pages to there passporr...lol

Yep...Had to do that when I got here and waiting on CRNM. Argentina just a few KM from here and went each week to butcher for good carne. Now the cannot afford to order prime cuts, 50% inflation and no one can afford to buy and they now come here to buy...... :dumbom:
Of course they would use new pages instead of one which has 1 or 2 stamps