Any Alaskans? Alaskan moving to Las Terrenas

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of buying a house in Las Terrenas, and moving by the end of the year. I hadn't posted since I joined, but have been reading the forum voraciously and your advice and comments have been invaluable help. Found a recommended lawyer, and found the property in the forum listings (owner is forum member). Had a couple trips down and got to see quite a bit - I don't think there's anywhere in the DR I don't like. Have a good Dominican friend (someday I'll get my dress back...) who showed me around and is helping me navigate the waters.
I had seen a couple Alaskans participating in older forum posts, and was wondering if any Alaskans are currently living in the DR? Curious if coming from Road-Alaska or the Bush makes a difference in adapting.
Planning on bringing my snowshoes down first and hanging them over the door....crossed with a snow shovel.

I am glad this is helpful to you!  You cracked me up with some of your comments,  I have a snow shovel here and I used it for yard work. Dominicans often ask me what the heck it is.....LOL