My wife is looking for a job

Hi everyone,

My wife in an Electrical Engineer/Computer Science graduate from UC Berkeley , USA. She had worked back in 2004 to 2007 with Atos Origin (now HP) but then left because we had our 3rd child . She is looking for a job now if anyone can help us with any direction as to whom would hire female engineers/IT

I really appreciate your help

Hi Sheesha!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Riyadh classifieds!

Regards
Armand

Sheesha wrote:

Hi everyone,

My wife in an Electrical Engineer/Computer Science graduate from UC Berkeley , USA. She had worked back in 2004 to 2007 with Atos Origin (now HP) but then left because we had our 3rd child . She is looking for a job now if anyone can help us with any direction as to whom would hire female engineers/IT

I really appreciate your help

Good luck finding one , as far as i know , all engineers in riyadh are males , females can take an engineering job if they are based in east saudi { like in Aramco } or in jeddah.
Try Aramco for a start, but if she wants to teach , she can easily find a job in riyadh.

Sheesha!
She can teach in princess nourah! try there, they are always hiring female instructors! And why not apply in Siemens and SCECO!

Thanks for the advice everone but teaching is not her thing. Plus she had a job as Project office manager at HP so I know there are jobs out there it just needs some searching

Sheesha wrote:

Thanks for the advice everone but teaching is not her thing. Plus she had a job as Project office manager at HP so I know there are jobs out there it just needs some searching

Good luck to you. There are some jobs and a lot of wifes around.

Or if you do not want to wait for luck - go to another country.

My colleague just returned to his country two weeks ago. Now husband and wife employed - earning the same as him singly in Riyadh. Difference for him: one less frustrated wife.

Welcome Sheesha! 

Your wife (or you) should inquire at all of the Western IT companies.  I know for certain that there are jobs avail for women.  Its all in who you know to get in the door and then if she has the experience and skills, she will sell herself.  Best of luck!