Los Charamicos

Does anyone have any recent experiences in Los Charamicos they can share? Good or Bad? Looking at the area for long term investment (>10 yrs)

Locals only, very few tourists, if any, stay there.  Poorer section of Sosua, so I would advise finding another spot to purchase.  There has been some talk, for years it seems, of developments on the waterfront, and re-vitalizing Charamicos.  Nothing has happened at all, sadly.

Thank you sir - knew it was a locals spot - but was hoping to hear more initiatives of revitalization being so close to Sosua Beach. Appreciate your insight my man.

No worries, I wish all the talk would amount to something, but as is usual, it is just talk.  The few high-end resorts actually do seem to be coming to Sosua and Cabarete, but until doors open, nothing is for sure.

We looked at a beautiful place there. Gorgeous wood, breathtaking view of Sosua Bay. But it was 3 flights of stairs and right in the middle of town. The streets are very, very narrow. Lots of pedestrians. Lots of cars. Lots of noise. Cool, authentic place but we decided against it. We did not buy our current place with resale in mind but it would be easier to sell I think.

Are you buying 1 property for yourself or a building /land for investment?

Hey! - Thank you for that insight. It helps compiling everyone's experiences. Looking at purchasing multiple properties over the course of a year. Typically looking in Cabarete and have a few that i like, but saw a listing in Los Charamicos, probably the same spot you are talking about (Club Nautico Phase III - Penthouse). I wouldn't need it to rent out very often, but I would entertain a long term lease... but the main point if future investment here, not rental income right away. Those views are amazing for sure, wondering what the direction of Los Charamicos is going to be over 10, 15, 20 years...

In your experience was it noisy all the time? late at night?

On the weekends it would be noisy into the wee hours. Week days noisy during the day but not so much at night. It is definitely a blue collar worker's town so people tend to quiet down at night.