Mail USPS inbound Brasil

The DHEA takes care of elevated blood sugar as you return to youthful status. Glucose levels return to normal, testosterone levels on your 18th summer, mind as clear as your teens... Projected to prevent  approx 32 degenerative diseases due to old age.

This is on my own experience.

Maybe should think of buying 11 more bottles of EDTA. The DHEA its up to you. Most male reaches all the parameters of a youthful person at 100mg of DHEA per day.
Above that, it could cause cancer of the prostate. But I´ve seen a colleague of mine go up to 150mg per day with no problems...

robal

I use Carters little pill and Snake venom....kkk...and 5mg of Vitamin V....I look 50, work out 20 minutes 4 days a week

I trust in "Chesty Puller".     
...I rest my case and had 3 rounds in bed this morning...ding,ding, Round 4 after lunch....lmbao...

I think I will have a adult beverage.....

I wonder if I can get a Mail Order Bride...lol...on topic ,,,not from the USA. ..lmbo

robal wrote:

I´m still waiting for my mail. Give it 2 more weeks totaling 2 months. Now I know the mail forwarder
don´t have my CPF. I saw my letters (they forwarded the photo) lumped as a package. If I lost it again I´ll let you know  what I think then...

robal

I don't really care.  We often disagree, but it's generally just about opinions, so I pass it off.  But this is bad information that can seriously inconvenience other people, so I'm making an exception.  Here's the story:

On May 8, 2015, Sindifisco Nacional, the national union of the customs inspectors, passed a resolution for a work-to-rule action against the Receita Federal, mostly over pay, but over other issues as well.  The union's demands have not been met, that resolution is still in effect, and it is enforced sporadically, in different parts of the country at different times.  Viracopos International Airport in Campinas, being Brazil's principal air freight hub, is a frequent work-to-rule target.

In Brazilian Portuguese, work-to-rule is generally translated "operação padrão"; the term in Portugal is more descriptive:  "greve de zelo", "zeal strike".  And it means what it says:  the inspectors enforce every rule, and everything that they think is a rule, that can possibly be applied to whatever is in their work queue that day, regardless of the cost or the delay, since that's the point.

Last year, I bought a CD from Amazon, and saw on the DHL tracking that it had made it to Viracopos.  After about a week, i started calling DHL.  After several attempts, they responded that they had tried to contact me (they hadn't), and that the Customs Inspector had rejected the shipment because it didn't have my CPF on it.  I asked whether I could give them my CPF, and they said no, because it was already being processed for return.

I didn't lose anything, because as soon as it was returned, Amazon gave me a refund -- and changed their policy on shipments to Brazil to require a CPF to complete an order, as reported above.

As I said, I don't know the extent to which documents are affected (little if at all, I would think), and there are lots of other reasons that mail could disappear en route.   But I, for one, won't have goods shipped to me again without a CPF on the shipping label:  I can't see any upside to that particular gamble.

Viracopos International Airport in Campinas is not my favorite. Even without cargo just connecting flights. They just search everything, not any people skills. Wife was tried after 7 hour layover for domestic connection and when going thru C&I she present ID, but they wanted her passport she just toss it on the desk and was scolded. (BR passport for connecting??? to Foz.)
Everything goes thru there and when I check where package or letter is, always "waiting on customs"....

I bought this new one from Waverly Labs. They already produced a ear bud translator where two people can talk. Each using a ear bud but the problem was each had to use there own phone. The new one is over the ear bigger and 4 over the ear can all attack to one phone for translation. It has two other modes one for just listen to conservation the other for lectures where it can translate to as many people that have phones. It will be available in November for shipping. This is there second version they produced successfully.

NewBrazil wrote:

I bought this new one from Waverly Labs. They already produced a ear bud translator where two people can talk. Each using a ear bud but the problem was each had to use there own phone. The new one is over the ear bigger and 4 over the ear can all attack to one phone for translation. It has two other modes one for just listen to conservation the other for lectures where it can translate to as many people that have phones. It will be available in November for shipping. This is there second version they produced successfully.

Please let us know what you think.  A LOT of people will be very interested!

abthree wrote:
robal wrote:

I´m still waiting for my mail. Give it 2 more weeks totaling 2 months. Now I know the mail forwarder
don´t have my CPF. I saw my letters (they forwarded the photo) lumped as a package. If I lost it again I´ll let you know  what I think then...

robal

I don't really care.  We often disagree, but it's generally just about opinions, so I pass it off.  But this is bad information that can seriously inconvenience other people, so I'm making an exception.  Here's the story:

On May 8, 2015, Sindifisco Nacional, the national union of the customs inspectors, passed a resolution for a work-to-rule action against the Receita Federal, mostly over pay, but over other issues as well.  The union's demands have not been met, that resolution is still in effect, and it is enforced sporadically, in different parts of the country at different times.  Viracopos International Airport in Campinas, being Brazil's principal air freight hub, is a frequent work-to-rule target.

In Brazilian Portuguese, work-to-rule is generally translated "operação padrão"; the term in Portugal is more descriptive:  "greve de zelo", "zeal strike".  And it means what it says:  the inspectors enforce every rule, and everything that they think is a rule, that can possibly be applied to whatever is in their work queue that day, regardless of the cost or the delay, since that's the point.

Last year, I bought a CD from Amazon, and saw on the DHL tracking that it had made it to Viracopos.  After about a week, i started calling DHL.  After several attempts, they responded that they had tried to contact me (they hadn't), and that the Customs Inspector had rejected the shipment because it didn't have my CPF on it.  I asked whether I could give them my CPF, and they said no, because it was already being processed for return.

I didn't lose anything, because as soon as it was returned, Amazon gave me a refund -- and changed their policy on shipments to Brazil to require a CPF to complete an order, as reported above.

As I said, I don't know the extent to which documents are affected (little if at all, I would think), and there are lots of other reasons that mail could disappear en route.   But I, for one, won't have goods shipped to me again without a CPF on the shipping label:  I can't see any upside to that particular gamble.

This information is not new at all...

https://globaldataconsortium.com/brazil-cpf/

1. People who temporary comes to Brazil is exempted US$3000 on his belongings for personal use
    and must return to the point of origin (country) after the stay.

2. $500USD for accompanied baggage for residents or non-residents but the merchandise stays in
    Brazil.

Complication with the CPF on every shipment (unaccompanied):

a. Recipient foreigners who don´t have a CPF should not ship items for use in Brazil for threats of
    being returned or being destroyed by Brazilian customs. They are now thrown to the accompanied
    baggage only but then should declare personal properties above $500USD to be exempted to the
    allowed $3000USD. This should also apply to Brazilian citizens living overseas but only in Brazil for a
    limited time.

b. With this ruling it appears that Correios will now also not accept packages without the CPF
    on them like it has done in the past. I still think letters are not affected because they fall under
    documents and without taxable value like a merchandise. My letters were lumped in one package
    and that could present problems.

I don´t really care what airport it originated. It has to be sanctioned by the Federal government for more revenue enforcement and thats that. The target really are residents for more effective tax
collection. So be aware that if you have the CRNM, presenting your passport at the customs inspection area is much better because of the higher $3000USD exemption. Unless of course they ask you if you´re a resident of Brazil...

robal

Robal
Thank you for correcting your originally erroneous advice.  :top:

I will do a review when I get it.the translator. My biggest test will be to listen to conversation it supposed to work within 8 feet.

abthree wrote:

Robal
Thank you for correcting your originally erroneous advice.  :top:

I wasn´t advising anyone. I was expressing my opinion. We are all people and get busy (I have
always projects going on) and sometimes don´t catch up right away. My only really complain is that you should have at least showed a link to strengthen your case. It´s not the "Hey, believe me because I said so." I´m that type of person. You have to show me the money!

I´m not a person who runs with the herd. I´m a contrarian with stock investments. I look at trends,
evaluate and devise a plan accordingly.

Hey, what is right is right. We need to enlighten people who seems to have no clues of what´s going on.

Be good and wise....

robal

Likewise.  I do my best, and I  suppose that you do, too, in your way.
Have a good evening.   :par:

Done. Nice dreams!

robal

Just had. Credit card Replacement from the USA. Made sure my CPF was on the address under the name. It came UPS. It took about a week and a half the company paid the cost to send it. When it arrived there was no cost. We had another Credit card sent before but didn't have CPF on the address. They change us at deliver 170 Reals. Not sure why the changes just our experience. I am getting a package next month. The duty was paid in advance will have CPF on the address. Will see if we get charged if not I think CPF on the address make the difference.

Thanks. Looking forward to your answer(s)

NewBrazil wrote:

Just had. Credit card Replacement from the USA. Made sure my CPF was on the address under the name. It came UPS. It took about a week and a half the company paid the cost to send it. When it arrived there was no cost. We had another Credit card sent before but didn't have CPF on the address. They change us at deliver 170 Reals. Not sure why the changes just our experience. I am getting a package next month. The duty was paid in advance will have CPF on the address. Will see if we get charged if not I think CPF on the address make the difference.

Thanks. Please update us on the outcome.

Up date... Gong through the estate planning process and "Surprised" when bank sent documents via DHL and I received in 3 business day. Normally use FedEx, but it states 3-4 days delivery and take 8 days.
The bank sent a return express mail, but only issue is we do not have FedEx or DHL here, so off to PY to mail back.
One issue was explaining to the bank as to having doc's notarized. I had to laugh when my rep. said I looked on google and Brazil has many..... Any way I bit the bullet and went to cartorio thinking I would have to get doc's translated  and then they could notarize. To my surprise they said no problem, they had my signature on file and notarized the English doc's w/o translation. Yee haw!

Texanbrazil wrote:

Up date... Gong through the estate planning process and "Surprised" when bank sent documents via DHL and I received in 3 business day. Normally use FedEx, but it states 3-4 days delivery and take 8 days.
The bank sent a return express mail, but only issue is we do not have FedEx or DHL here, so off to PY to mail back.
One issue was explaining to the bank as to having doc's notarized. I had to laugh when my rep. said I looked on google and Brazil has many..... Any way I bit the bullet and went to cartorio thinking I would have to get doc's translated  and then they could notarize. To my surprise they said no problem, they had my signature on file and notarized the English doc's w/o translation. Yee haw!

I also did notarize through a cartorio USPS Form 183 when I changed my mail forwarder. The form was in English.

So you must be setting up a QDOT (Qualified Domestic Trust) from a US citizen husband to a non-US citizen spouse... The 2019 federal estate exemption is up to $11.4 million!

robal

Yes for time being.
Since spouse does not understand IRA's and US taxes, I did not want it to be irrevocable upon death(unless I kick the bucket in the near future). I am working with a Brazil Atty, which has on staff an English speaking paralegal, which may act as trustee. They need to research and accept the responsibility as the trustee upon my death. The paralegal lived and worked in the US and understands IRS and financial investments. One slip with a withdrawal from the wrong account, as you know, could have a high tax penalty and spouse cannot understand such. So the need for someone which knows BR law and another which know US tax and SS codes.
The bank offered to act as trustee, but  would have to put all assets in one basket to qualify for such. Not ready to do such.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Yes for time being.
Since spouse does not understand IRA's and US taxes, I did not want it to be irrevocable upon death(unless I kick the bucket in the near future). I am working with a Brazil Atty, which has on staff an English speaking paralegal, which may act as trustee. They need to research and accept the responsibility as the trustee upon my death. The paralegal lived and worked in the US and understands IRS and financial investments. One slip with a withdrawal from the wrong account, as you know, could have a high tax penalty and spouse cannot understand such. So the need for someone which knows BR law and another which know US tax and SS codes.
The bank offered to act as trustee, but  would have to put all assets in one basket to qualify for such. Not ready to do such.

Nice going Tex...

We will see. Thanks.
What  did not realize was being able to notarize an English doc ( after all these years).So I learn something  everyday.

Mines is Simple ...Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing....those are facts.....
Thanks for the information as of now , no one to leave anything to....
Lol...

Even better!

Go hug a Kodiak pronto! But before you do that
make me your beneficiary or me and Tex...

Doc gets the scooter!

Texanbrazil wrote:

Doc gets the scooter!

I´ll be happy with his gold teeth!  :lol:

Will the tooth and scooter be mailed or truck delivery, I decided hugging a Polar Bear is quicker and the launch pad on Kodiak Island rocks the whole town when things happen...
I am thinking the way  responsibility is handled in these parts the notaries don't care what is in english. As long as there name is not on the document.

The Cinnamon Bear is the winner,...

Ahhh you are a 'sugar bear'....

Alascana wrote:

Will the tooth and scooter be mailed or truck delivery, I decided hugging a Polar Bear is quicker and the launch pad on Kodiak Island rocks the whole town when things happen...
I am thinking the way  responsibility is handled in these parts the notaries don't care what is in english. As long as there name is not on the document.

The Cinnamon Bear is the winner,...

And as long as their fee gets paid.

The official stamps are on the back of documents. There are arrows stamped by each signature stating the "Tabelionato de Notas # and city".

Texanbrazil wrote:

The official stamps are on the back of documents. There are arrows stamped by each signature stating the "Tabelionato de Notas # and city".

Because it was in English, the attendant brought the attention of the sector chief and said it was ok. Because the USPS Form 183 had limited space to put the two stickers with their name and their signature, I had to direct them to put the other at the business section so that it would be easier to scan and send it directly to my mail provider. There is of course the traditional arrow pointed at my signature signifying they know me and I´m that person.

But I had to mail the original to my mail provider because USPS requires it. I have nine letters with credit cards coming within a few days bundled into a FedEx  International Priority envelope. Two lines below my Brazil address - I instructed my mail forwarder through their packing instruction protocol box to place my CPF and to back it up, I still sent an e-mail instructing them to do so! They replied positively so I´m now just waiting.

I´ll update ASAP if it is successful.

robal

I came in to Rio this past Thursday from the USA. I was very surprised that they did not check or X-ray any of my bags. I collected them at the carrousel and as l headed towards the baggage check, all of us were motioned straight through to the exit. It's the first time that ever happened to me.

Happen to me twice. It was 5 am both GRU and GIG. Declaration side closed and 1 agent by the sair. No X-rays at all. Sure do like free bag carts.

I never had my bags x-rayed in Sao Paulo any of the times.  We did once in Rio, they were training a new agent.

Jim

Oi Jim. Have a pecan or pumpkin pie for us!

jland912 wrote:

I never had my bags x-rayed in Sao Paulo any of the times.  We did once in Rio, they were training a new agent.

Jim

I noticed that if you bring 2 checked luggage and 1 handcarry, you fly through the exits in São Paulo.

I always have my US passport very visible in my hand. My thought is they will consider me a tourist and not someone bringing in lots of stuff.

Jim

Up date, Used DHL again and was fine. Later than was said but US forgot about BR holiday. Had T-storms segunda and terca - feira so slowed contractor from Curitiba so 7 business days.
Doc it was a CC.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Up date, Used DHL again and was fine. Later than was said but US forgot about BR holiday. Had T-storms segunda and terca - feira so slowed contractor from Curitiba so 7 business days.
Doc it was a CC.

Great news then. DHL and FedEx works fine! Thanks for the post.

jland912 wrote:

I always have my US passport very visible in my hand. My thought is they will consider me a tourist and not someone bringing in lots of stuff.

Jim

Same here.  Always waved through,  so far, anyway.

abthree wrote:
jland912 wrote:

Jim

Same here.  Always waved through,  so far, anyway.

I speak Americano and ask " Do you speak Americano,  and Passport in Hand"....lol...Green Light and Go....