Opening a Small Restaurant Hazards, Rewards, Pitfalls ,Victories

So Hey Group A....my Question is

I am thinking of Opening a Small Store front "Restaurant "

Does Anyone Own or Parterned in such a venture?

What Permits and License are Required.? I want it Legal !

It will be North American Cuisine ....menu TBD..lol

Please Share the Good, the Bad and even the Ugly.....

The Menu will be to Go....lol...!

Maybe 10 Seater for the spenders and not the 3 hour sit down and have coffee, go home or to a coffee Cafe....

I may offer Free WiFi and yes the senha will change daily...lol...that's one Hazard out of the way....

And Please no SWAGS. ....

Thanks in Advance......and yes I have all documents , the only thing I can not do is vote...thank the Higher Power for that....

Thought about it many times. Let us know how it goes.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Thought about it many times. Let us know how it goes.

YES SIR,  all hands on  Deck, thanks for your Approval

Menu Item 1, TexAK XBUGER with  Paraense Sauce...lol.. Chips  Ahoy...Sprinkle a ltitle  Vinegar and Sea Salt...lol...Decadent. .

Just getting ingredients seem to me the hardest part. Flour seems different. Buns in mercados too big.
Even cheese seems different. Cannot find a hamburger pizza anywhere.

I giit it  ,Big Tex, I am about Brasilian  Ingrediants and the right burger mix..lol...its. bout the Sauce from Texas to Missouri to the Carolinas...can you Smell what Grzzz is cooking..lol.. and the grill, the sautéed onions with a delicate pineapple slice...lol...I know we will call it the TexasAK Hawaii  mondo, grande Burger and no fries, that's Extra....8.99r Burger Only, fries 99.99r.for fties . we fry them twice and hand cut...rotflmbo. and guacamole on the side , cheese is Exxxtra...,lol

Anytime you fry cebola  many come like wolf to blood. Sprinkle fries with Zlatan's and they will come.

Yummy. But I´m a 3-hour man Grizz... I´m a spender and love to wine and dine. Perhaps you´ll make an exception when I come to your establishment. And I accept a beer to tackle your burger. 30% fat on the burger constituency to make it tender... You should grind a "paleta" or a "costela."

I´ve been eating only healthy food lately, and my cholesterol is so low. So I need to fix that with the artery-clogging, decadent, junky American fast food!

Robal, thanks for the Award Winning aculade. ..I am just milling it over, I'll have a Soy Burger in case and Red Wine no Sauve...lol...I'm good the Dr. said my sugar was in question so I went and bought 4 Magnum Ice Cream Bars and that was that...@64 I am happy to wake each day, I like the mix on the burger , the only place I can find a decent burger is at the Mall and it's the McDonald's or Burger King....the restaurants use that doggone boxed Texas burger, I think I may go for a 10 ounce burger formed by hand and call it a day and fries hand cut never frozen...Maybe I'll call it the Arctic Roadrunner, Featuring the Big Tex, The Robal and the Grzzx...AB3 I got you ...lol

How about breakfast? Hash browns, eggs, pancakes, home made sausage!!
As "doc" said, I had to buy a grinder. What they call sausage here is big  junks of left overs meat (I think) with no spices. I get some pork, brown sugar, sage and have breakfast sausage. Have to bring chorizo and corn tortillas back from TX for breakfast tacos .
Okay now I'm hungry, so going to eat.
Ever see egg McMuffin? Or even any sour dough here. I don't.

Texanbrazil wrote:

How about breakfast? Hash browns, eggs, pancakes, home made sausage!!
As "doc" said, I had to buy a grinder. What they call sausage here is big  junks of left overs meat (I think) with no spices. I get some pork, brown sugar, sage and have breakfast sausage. Have to bring chorizo and corn tortillas back from TX for breakfast tacos .
Okay now I'm hungry, so going to eat.
Ever see egg McMuffin? Or even any sour dough here. I don't.

The Flour man, the flour...lol....so pancakes are out, tapioca is iin....not.... you got the chorizo through???,...can you bring the taco flour ? Or you did the box thingy...

Got chorizo in. (Have to eat it fast or freeze it) Bring home made tortillas back. Only box thingy's are Zatarain's Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil, gumbo, jambalaya and red bean and rice mixes. Make the sausage myself. Can get okra and shrimp here. Yaaa eeeee.
May bring flour in next time. Do bring dry buttermilk (cannot find buttermilk here)
Tapioca to me is rice pudding!!!!!!

Yeah, buttermilk seems to be a strictly English-speaking delicacy.  I've tried to explain its attractions to my Brazilian husband, to no avail.  He thinks it's just sour milk. 🤷‍♂️
Grizz, I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but you understand that a restaurant is a s**tload of work for only a little 💰, right?   We know a guy here who's making a go of it with Northeastern food.  We're regulars, because we like the guy, and my ❤ is sergipano, so I'm into Northeastern cuisine.  But I swear, I doubt Fernando ever sleeps!

I agree with AB... You have to wake up early to prepare your ingredients and go to the market for other needs... Very fierce competition. And then you go home late at night very tired. There are customers who are no good for nothing, so I hope you have the patience. Avoid creating enemies because they know where you are and your operating hours.  You have to win the hearts of your clients the first time or they´ll never come back. You can´t charge too much beyond of what you offer or fail miserably. And are you gonna do it alone?

Living in a boat could be dangerous. I won´t be peaceful without my Benelli M4 and
my .45ACP (Glock 21 SF)... Just saying.

I am bored, I shop everyday, the lady who comes to my place Tuesdays and Thursday buys so much crap ,she's my personal shopper, she runs a small store, I enjoy cooking and I have 2 personal assistants, I suffer with insomnia,  I sleep 4 hours a day, who cares about the money....I cook to order...I ain't preparing nothing other than sauces ahead of time and I will have a sink at the front as one enters to wash there nasty hands and who eats pizza with a knife and fork. I will have no mayo, mustard or Ketchup only Frank's Red Hot Sauce and butter...I might give out 1 cup of water...lol...I ain't serving Calabrese either...smh...and buttermilk I need to find that cow and a churn, should be one somewhere in Beautiful Bountiful Brasil. Lots of Cows ..One guy in Anchorage had a shop called "Just Chicken" y'all guessed it right, he did good bank...lol...I am about practicing Ki$$ and OPM...I am about money,  maybe I should drink myself into oblivion and sit around in my quackers, have my new girl walk around in one of my old tshirts,watch soccer and cry in my beer...that beats a good day in the Restaurant Bizness...lmbo.. Só today is French Onion Soup Day...that lady who shops Tuesday and Thursday bought some hotdog buns they should make nice croutons and bread slices to accept the 2 cheeses ...hope y'all enjoyed the read...oh no utensils for the people it's called finger and mound food..I may give them a Quality Plastic Fork , Spoon and Knife...or maybe I will charge for those, I mean this is the "Plastic Fifedom"...I had to much fun writing this, heading over to the Expat Cafe..it's allways open...smdh. I wish I could find some Jalepenos. ..I will give 2 cookies with each order...