Looking to move to Lipa City Area

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and looking to move to the Lipa City area in the next couple of months. I am looking for feedback on the city if possible?

-Weather
-Good place to live
-friendly to epats

Any help would be appreciatived

Hi SF101

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for sharing your expatriation project with us.  :top:

For how long will you stay in Lipa City?
Have you been there before?

Hopefully, some members will be able to share their experience with you very soon.

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I lived there in nearby San Jose for 4 years. There is nothing special about Lipa City. Traffic is a nightmare,  getting around is a nightmare because of the non existence of town planning. Do yourself a favor and spend some time there before committing to any long term plans...and dont buy property.

Go to Tagaytay and be happy!!

SF101

I live near Tagaytay, though we have been in and considered Lipa for a home before settling in our current spot.

Lipa sits of the Expressway (SLEX) so getting to and from Batangas city and North to Manila, the Airport, major Hospitals is fairly quick if you plan your trip around the daily morning and evening commuters.
You are also close to many hot springs resorts, Mt. Makiling and its nature center, hiking areas, etc. You are not to far from the nearly white sand beaches of Laiya and San Juan as well as the Ferry from Batangas city to Mindoro and more beach resorts.
The five freshwater lakes of Laguna are also nearby, as well as the falls river trip in Pagsanjan and the large black bass stocked man made lake Caliraya. 

The local electric company is headquarter in Lipa so hopefully brownouts are not a problem, though I would check on water and internet before settling in.

Tagaytay and Taal lake are accessible via a nice drive around the lake to the Taal lake yacht club where you can rent a sailboat (if you're experienced) or take a trip around the lake and to the Volcano on a boat you can hire at the club.  From there you can continue on to Tagaytay where you will find plenty of shopping and restaurants, many positioned overlooking Taal lake which makes for a great eating experience.

Lipa may be considered somewhat cooler than the lowlands, though from other expats, not much.  If you settle on Lipa for a home base, I would suggest using the internet, flip key or Airbnb for a short term rent while you search for the more permanent spot.
Just use your browser and type in "for rent Lipa" , or the city of your choice and you will pull up a lot of real estate pages.

Whatever you choose, deal ONLY with the owner, pay no rent without a receipt in hand. Take pictures of the place before you move in. Make sure you are not sharing a water meter or electric meter with someone else and look the place over on weekends and evenings to see what goes on outside working hours before you move into karaoke hell or a condo full of kids running up and down the halls with their parents blessings.

Trust only when it's earned. Phony smiles and empty promises are universally found.

Regards

Ditto! I found Planticion Meridienne to be the best place near Lipa! Check it out!

After I toured most of the Phils on motorcycle, I listed my top 5 cities and stayed at the most beautiful for 7 years. Lipa City was number 4 on my short list. It's cleaner than many (thanks to the pinay mayor at the time), sizable enough, not far from NCR and Tagatay, and still small enough to not be too crowded (maybe). Enjoy?